- Stunning refurbishment inside and out
- All principal rooms have fabulous views
- Beautifully fitted throughout
- No onward chain
- River gardens and entertaining balcony area directly accessed from the kitchen/ living room
- Low maintenance
- River Thames mooring with recently replaced jetty
- Spectacular views of the river, weir, across to unspoilt countryside, and the wooded Chiltern Hills
- 0118 9842662
NO ONWARD CHAIN
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes' walk to shops & train station ● Fast trains to London Paddington (47 minutes) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances/times are approximate)
1,919 sq ft / 178 m² (all measurements are approximate)
An elegant 4 bedroom, riverside house with direct River Thames frontage, a jetty and mooring. The Old Boathouse has had an extensive, lavish, and tasteful interior redesign and extension, creating a uniquely luxurious river property within the heart of this famous period village.
The gardens are very pretty and created for low maintenance, with direct access from the kitchen/dining room onto an Italian porcelain flagstone patio, with artificial grass, border spotlights and steps leading down to the river level.
All of the major rooms enjoy spectacular views of the river, weir and across to unspoilt countryside, and the wooded Chiltern Hills rising in the distance.
The property is within easy walking distance of specialist shops, pubs, restaurants, health centre, and the station giving fast links to London Paddington.
• Kitchen/dining room is a very special room, the hub of the house, unusually large, beautifully fitted, with quartz working surfaces, a central island/breakfast bar with 4 stools, and a quartz waterfall worktop. The kitchen has 2 Siemens self-cleaning ovens, Siemens 5 ring induction hob, extractor, stainless-steel sink with plumbing in place for Quooker tap, fitted full length larder fridge and freezer, drinks fridge for wine, fitted dishwasher, Italian porcelain flagstone floor with wet under floor heating throughout this area and large sliding doors giving access to the garden and views to the river
• The sitting room is a special feature with oak flooring, and another pair of the large sliding doors giving wonderful river views, and access to a roof terrace with Italian porcelain flagstones, secured by a glazed balustrade allowing unobstructed views, and another area for summer dining
• The dining area can accommodate 10 people
• Principal bedroom with glass Juliet balcony gives fantastic views over the garden, river and countryside beyond. There is a fabulous ensuite with wet shower, freestanding resin stone bath and 2-person resin stone sink
• Garden is very pretty, with an extensive Italian porcelain flagstone patio with artificial grass, border spotlights, and steps with LED stair lights lead down to the river level
• Jetty built on steel pile driven supports, allowing quite a large river boat to be moored. This is a licensed jetty approved by the Environment Agency
• High quality refitted bathrooms and shower rooms throughout
• Oak staircases, hallways, and landings throughout
• Pretty study area to the 3rd floor with ensuite cloakroom
• Modern pull-down loft ladder giving access to a spacious room which could be used as a gym, office, etc., with pretty views over the river
• Sliding doors giving access to the terrace & balconies are black painted aluminium and all windows throughout have been replaced with aluminium
• The property has been rewired, with new plumbing throughout. To include a new high-capacity water cylinder and boiler
• Two car parking spaces to the front and access to the integral small garage/ store
• USB sockets in bedrooms, mood lighting, Cat 6 Ethernet points throughout, TV points throughout, Sky tv ready to connect, Nest smart central heating, linked Nest hardwired smoke alarm on all floors, video doorbell, dimmer switches to all lighting
• Substantially constructed by a well know local builder of high-quality houses
Summary of accommodation: Covered entrance porch, reception hall, 2 cloakrooms, utility room, integral small garage/ store, shower room, kitchen/dining room, 4 bedrooms, gym/studio, 3 bath/shower rooms, to include 2 ensuite, study.
Note 1. It is understood that this property has never flooded. It stands on higher ground and benefits from the water regulation of the weir and lock. The water meadows the other side of the river from The Old Boathouse are lower and carry excess water when the rivers are high.
Note 2. Boat available to purchase by separate negotiation.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and restaurants.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading (with Elizabeth Line), as well as buses to all local areas. The large supermarkets of Waitrose and Sainsburys are all within easy driving distance.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sport complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There are plenty of courses nearby for the golfing enthusiast.
Schools: The Old Boathouse is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools. Pangbourne College has a school bus pick up nearby; Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls school in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School offers foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn right and proceed under the railway bridge passing The Swan public house and The Old Boathouse (6a Shooters Hill) entrance is on the right-hand side.
Post Code: RG8 7DU
Services: Mains electricity, water, drainage, gas. Gas central heating (Nest Smart), underfloor heating in kitchen/dining room.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.