- A fabulous 4 bedroom riverside property with 34 ft River Thames mooring
- Walk to shops, station & amenities in a few minutes
- Superb heated indoor swimming pool, cinema room, gym, steam room, hot tub and Riverside terrace
- 3,919 / 364 sq ft (approx)
- Stunning kitchen/ dining/ living room ideal for entertaining
- Cinema room with 3 m screen 2k projector and 10 luxury reclining armchairs
- Spacious and flexible accommodation
- Once owned by the famous musician Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Superb lock up and go
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes' level walk to shops & train station ● Fast trains to London Paddington (47 minutes) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
3,919 sq ft / 364 m²
34ft River Thames mooring
(all measurements are approximate)
A wonderful opportunity to acquire a unique detached 4 bedroom riverside house of immense character. Created many years ago from a Victorian boathouse, with a 34ft Thames mooring, the property has been luxuriously restored and refurbished of recent times. Enjoying undeniably magnificent views across the river, the lock, weir pool to unspoilt countryside beyond.
Constructed on 3 floors, with a balcony and riverside terrace taking full advantage of the wonderful location and views. There is an indoor pool, hot tub, gym, and a fabulous cinema room. The property was owned at one time by the internationally famous musician Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin.
Set within the heart of the village, within easy level walking distance of the specialist shops, pubs, restaurants, health centre, and station.
• The kitchen/dining/living area is the hub of the house. The extensive windows and bi-fold doors provide masses of natural light to this area and give access to a wide balcony overlooking the Thames and beyond
• A superb cinema room is professionally fitted with a 3m screen, 2k projector and 10 luxury leather reclining armchairs. The room is sound proofed and fully air conditioned
• Lower ground floor has a large decked terrace, with bi-fold doors opening from the pool room, wonderful for summer entertaining and enjoying spectacular river views
• Heated pool is 16ft long, with a power connection to turn it into a fitness pool with exercise flow. The pool has an Ocea electric slatted safety cover
• The pool area has a gym, steam room, hot tub, shower room, utility room, a well-fitted bar/kitchen, and an integrated audio speaker system
• Bar/kitchen has a 4-ring ceramic hob, electric oven, extractor, fridge and wine cooler, range of cupboards and drawers, sink unit, working surfaces and a breakfast bar with 4 chairs
• Ground floor kitchen is fully fitted with an extensive range of low-level cupboards and drawers, polished granite working surfaces, Rangemaster Classic cooking range, 5 ring gas hob, a pair of electric hobs, Rangemaster extractor, fitted Siemens dishwasher, free standing American style fridge freezer dispensing cold water and ice. Island preparation table/breakfast bar with cupboards under
• The sitting room area has a wood burning stove
• There is planning permission to put in a staircase from the first-floor landing, to convert the large loft area, which has previously been used as a child's bedroom and has windows in place
• Studio/orangery is air conditioned with bi-fold doors opening onto a front courtyard with steps leading up to the parking area
• Pretty archway gated entrance to forecourt leading to the front entrance which is flanked by a small putting green, decked area with flower beds and small greenhouse
• First class study with windows overlooking the front
• On the ground floor, the 4th bedroom is currently used as a study, and has an adjacent shower room
• Bedroom 1 with windows directly overlooking the river, ensuite bathroom with Victorian style tub, twin glass bowl washbasins and a door to a large walk-in wardrobe with extensive cupboards, drawers and dressing area
• Polished oak planked flooring throughout the ground floor, and limestone flagged floor to the pool area
• Staircase and landings are in oak
• 4 camera integrated CCTV system
Summary of accommodation:
Ground floor: Reception hall, kitchen/dining/living room, study, bedroom 4/second study, shower room.
Lower ground floor: Luxury cinema room, heated 16ft pool, gym area, hot tub, steam room, fitted bar/kitchen, shower room/cloakroom, utility room, fully fitted orangery/studio.
First floor: 3 double bedrooms, ensuite and dressing room to bedroom 1, cloakroom.
Outside space: 34ft mooring. Wide balcony accessed from the ground floor sitting room/kitchen. Large decked terrace accessed from the pool room providing an excellent summer dining area.
Front garden area is fenced and gated, with a raised deck area, greenhouse, raised flowerbeds, herb garden, log store, and small putting green. Secure entrance gate from front parking area.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, barbers, restaurants and riverside pubs. There are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering kayak, canoe, SUP and climbing tuition.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City. Waitrose can be found in Tilehurst, approx. 3 miles away.
Schools: The Boat House is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools. Pangbourne College has a school bus pick up nearby; Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls school in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Whitchurch Primary and Pangbourne Primary School are within walking distance.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton and Daughter turn right and proceed under the railway bridge passing The Swan public house and The Boat House is on the right-hand side.
Post Code: RG8 7DU
Services: Mains water and drainage, electricity, gas. High speed broadband connected.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.