- A charming period 4 bedroom house
- Stunning views
- Peaceful lane
- Good ceiling heights throughout
- Set in a beautiful area with lots of lovely walks
- Short drive to the village of Yattendon with the Royal Oak, superb village store, post office & cafe
- Within the catchment for The Downs school
- Good sized gardens extending to 0.28 acre (approx)
- Detached garage
Pangbourne village & train station 7 miles ● Newbury 20 minutes ● M4 (junc 13) 5 miles ● Thatcham train station 6 miles (all distances & timings are approximate)
2,249 sq ft / 209 m²
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.28 acre
(all measurements are approximate)
A charming early Victorian era detached 4-bedroom cottage, set on a peaceful lane with magnificent far-reaching views across the length of the rear boundary.
Hill Cottage is a splendid family house,and in excellent order throughout. There is tremendous potential to further increase the accommodation of the existing building both to the rear and side (subject to LAPP).
This area is noted to be of outstanding rural beauty and tranquillity, scenically beautiful with rolling pastureland and woodland. Across the lane there are many footpaths and bridleways.
A short distance by car is Yattendon village, which has the famous Country House Hotel & Restaurant; The Royal Oak, a very useful and comprehensive village store, with a post office, garage, and café.
• Large sitting room enjoys the full benefit of the wonderful views, with double aspect windows and access to the garden room, which has French doors opening onto the gardens
• Family room with polished oak floor, double aspect windows, brick fireplace fitted with wood burning stove and oak mantel over. French doors open to the rear gardens and terrace
• Study/music room directly overlooks the garden
• Fully fitted kitchen/dining room with original open fireplace, pretty cream painted units to include a Neff 4 ring ceramic hob with extractor over, Neff double oven with grill, plumbing for dishwasher, wide worksurfaces, door to rear lobby with access to rear gardens
• Utility room with plumbing for washing machine and vent for tumble dryer
• Reception hall has polished wood block flooring
• Staircase leads gracefully from inner reception hall to the first floor with windows overlooking the front garden and a galleried landing
• All the bedrooms are doubles with fabulous views of the surrounding countryside. They are light and spacious. 3 have fitted wardrobes/cupboards, and the 4th has room for these to be fitted. Bedrooms 1 and 2 each have a double aspect
• Family bathroom has been refurbished with a shower fitted over the bath area
• Luxury ensuite to bedroom 1, with a large walk-in shower
Summary of accommodation: Entrance porch, entrance lobby, cloakroom, family room, reception hall, kitchen/dining room, utility room, study/music room, sitting room, garden room. 4 bedrooms, Ensuite shower room, family bathroom. Detached single garage.
Gardens: Mainly laid to lawn, with mature shrubs and trees, fruit trees, thick hedges giving privacy, side access gate to the lane. Traditional style timber greenhouse. Log store. Single detached garage. Large forecourt with parking for a number of cars, secured by a 5-bar gate.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.28 acre (approx.)
Schools: Frilsham is within the catchment area for the highly sought after The Downs School at Compton, and the highly regarded Yattendon Primary. Within easy driving distance of Harriet House Montessori School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Schools, Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory, Elstree, St Gabriel's Girls School and Downe House Girls School.
Local facilities: Frilsham lies in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty close to the Berkshire Downs with a wonderful network of footpaths and bridleways. The renowned Pot Kiln gastro pub/restaurant is within easy walking distance.
Many facilities for Frilsham residents are available at the neighbouring village of Yattendon which has an active local community, and some excellent facilities. Yattendon has the famous Country House Hotel & Restaurant; The Royal Oak, The Village Stores and Post Office, which sells a wide range of convenience foods for local residents including produce from Vicars Game, West Berkshire Brewery and The Wineman. There is also a café, garage and a popular tennis club.
Directions: From the centre of Yattendon village, opposite St Peter & St Paul Church turn into Church Lane. At the junction turn left into Chapel Lane, and follow over the M4 motorway. Turn first right, signposted Frilsham into Coach Hill, proceed towards the end of this lane, turning left into School Lane, signposted Hermitage. Hill Cottage will be found on the right-hand side just before a property called Manderley.
Post Code: RG18 9XB
Services: Mains water & drainage, electricity, and oil-fired central heating. Gigaclear full fibre broadband fitted.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.