- A splendid modern country house
- 6 bedrooms
- Potential self contained annexe
- Pretty secluded gardens enjoying south westerly sun.
- Private footpath to the village and station.
- Exclusive private road in the heart of the village
- 4 reception rooms
- Tremendous potential for enlargement and refurbishment
- Views over open countryside
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes' walk to shops & train station ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Fast trains to London Paddington (47 minutes) ● Heathrow 45 mins drive
(all distances/times are approximate)
3,727 sq ft / 347 m²
Gardens & Grounds extending to: 0.46 acre/0.19 hectare
(all measurements are approximate)
A splendid 6 bedroom modern country house. Situated at the far end of probably one of the most exclusive private roads in the heart of this delightful riverside village.
Set on high ground with a private footpath adjacent giving easy walking access to Pangbourne station with its excellent connections to London Paddington. The property is also within easy walking distance to the village amenities, specialist shops, restaurants, pubs, health centre and buses.
The property is entered by way of a long private drive and by the nature of its construction many of the interior walls are not load bearing and therefore can be simply adapted to a new owner's requirements.
The ground floor has in the past been used as a self-contained annexe, it already has a kitchenette, 3 bedrooms, a bathroom, and a very large area which has been more recently used as a gym/play room. There is further guest accommodation on the ground floor, with another bathroom.
Stairs lead up to the first floor, where the main receptions rooms with large picture windows look directly over the rear gardens. Sitting room has French doors giving access to a balcony allowing views over adjacent fields. The breakfast room has a similar arrangement with slide back patio doors with a Juliet balcony.
The landscaped gardens enjoy the sun from the south and the west.
• This property has tremendous potential for rearrangement of the existing accommodation and/or refurbishment/extension if so desired
• The seclusion and privacy
• The pretty views over adjacent fields to the rear
• A very light bright spacious house
• The landscaped gardens which have been maintained with dedication and care over many years
• The property enjoys a long private entrance drive from Riverview Road
• Kitchen is fully fitted with an extensive range of high and low cupboard and drawer units, with wide working surfaces, AEG 4 ring ceramic hob, extractor over, dishwasher, double electric oven, Russell Hobbs fitted freezer, Samsung fridge freezer which can be included if required
• Kitchen leads through to the breakfast room which directly overlooks the rear gardens
• The sitting room has an open log fire fitted with Jetmaster wood burning stove and a large archway access into a library/TV room
• The rear gardens can be entered from a wide side car parking area which leads directly to a flag stone terrace with plenty of room for summer dining, and to one side a small pretty fishpond
• Steps lead up giving access to the balcony before the sitting room
• The study on the ground floor could be bedroom 6 if so desired
• Principal bedroom has a dual air conditioning/heating unit
• Remote control entrance gate secures the pedestrian and vehicular access
• Before the property is a large brick laid courtyard with parking for a number of cars, access to a pair of car ports and two garages
Summary of accommodation:
6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms to include principal bedroom suite with ensuite bathroom and 2 dressing rooms, guest bedroom with ensuite bathroom. Reception hall, study/6th bedroom, dining room, sitting room, large inner hall, kitchen, breakfast room, library/TV room, laundry room, gym/play room, kitchenette, utility.
Gardens: Landscaped gardens planted with lots of shrubs with young trees, well-maintained lawns running round to the rear of the property and eventually leading down to the entrance drive. Flag stone terrace and a small pretty fishpond. The gardens enjoy the sun from the south and the west. To one side of the garden is a timber constructed tool shed and a log store, further garden tool store under the balcony.
Double car port, double garage attached to the property, car parking for a number of cars, private driveway access.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.46 acre/0.19 hectare (approx..)
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Basildon Park is a National Trust property featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
There are also plenty of facilities for the golfing enthusiast in the area – Streatley Hills, Mapledurham and Calcot to name but a few.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only five minutes driving distance.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership. The large supermarkets of Waitrose and Sainsburys and Fielders Farm Shop on the Englefield Road, the other side of Tidmarsh, are all within easy driving distance.
Excellent schools: West Hill House is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools. Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School is in the village and within walking distance, which has foundation stage 1 and Pangbourne is also within the catchment area for Theale Green School (with school bus pick up in the village).
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left, pass over the mini roundabout passing The Elephant Hotel on the right. Turn first right at St James the Less Church into Pangbourne Hill. A short distance along turn first right into Riverview Road. Proceed to the end of Riverview Road and the property drive will be found on the left.
Post Code: RG8 7AU
Services: Gas fired central heating, mains water, electricity and drainage. Water softener. Air con to principal bedroom.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.