- 50 ft direct River Thames frontage (approx.)
- 4 bedroom detached property
- Large garage with boat store
- Walk to the village store
- Superb views to the River and open countryside beyond
- Mooring & fishing rights
- One of the best Riverside Gardens plots
- Opportunity for modernisation or to redevelop (subject to LAPP)
- Walk to Whitchurch and Pangbourne along the old tow path
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
Tilehurst station 1.7 miles ● Pangbourne 2 miles ● Reading 5 miles (all distances are approximate)
2,775 sq ft / 258 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A rare 4 bedroom detached riverside property enjoying 50 foot (approx). direct River Thames frontage with concrete reinforced mooring, together with mooring and fishing rights.
This is probably one of the most valuable of the riverside plots in River Gardens as it has direct frontage at the end of the front gardens to the Thames, which is not interrupted by the vehicular access road running across it.
This is an idyllic spot, overlooking the very beautiful broad reach of the River Thames, to the far bank the fields owned by the Mapledurham Estate, and majestic trees and wooded hillsides in the distance. For the river lover and boating enthusiast, this is a little part of heaven.
The property is in need of modernisation and refurbishment, and has been occupied of recent times. All the main accommodation is on the first floor, typical of a riverside property, as the access track has been known to occasionally flood at high water levels in winter months.
• There is tremendous potential not only for improvement and extension but re-construction of the dwelling (subject to LAPP). There are some fine examples of new build and reconstruction in River Gardens, which can be quite easily seen
• The main sitting room has picture windows directly overlooking the river and the gardens, and has sliding patio doors onto a large terrace also overlooking the river
• There is access on both sides of the property to the rear garden which is approximately 36 foot deep. This is a very sunny and secluded spot with the old well pump and a garden store
• Kitchen fitted with a range of units, ceramic hob, electric oven, fridge freezer and washing machine
• Car parking for a number of cars
• The front garden has a wide lawn, fruit tree and ornamental raised goldfish pond
• Remote control for garage door
• Splendid walk beside the river along the old tow path to Whitchurch & Pangbourne
• Snooker room with window overlooking the rear garden
There is pedestrian access from the track to a locked gate/private footpath to the marina which is only for boat owners and only occasionally used.
Summary of accommodation: large entrance hall, 4 bedrooms (one presently used as a study), bathroom, sitting room with dining area, kitchen, garage/boat store, workshop, store room, cloakroom, snooker room, shower room, large under terrace store room.
Local facilities: Purley-on-Thames has a thriving and active community and is perfectly situated to enjoy the best of the River Thames and surrounding countryside, whilst giving excellent transport links with shops and amenities nearby.
Tilehurst train station is nearby, giving fast train connections to London Paddington and Reading. Reading town centre is 5 miles, with a bus route via the Oxford Road to Reading and neighbouring towns and the M4 Junction 12 at Theale is just 4.5 miles (all measurements are approximate).
The village shop that incorporates an off-licence is within walking distance. Waitrose is situated a few minutes' drive away. Within a short driving distance is the thriving village of Pangbourne which has a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, a health centre, dentists, a library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is enjoyable for young families to visit and there is the nearby National Trust property at Basildon Park is a Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Excellent schools: River Gardens is close to the Ofsted rated Purley Primary C of E School and is within the catchment is Denefield Secondary school. Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House, Queen Anne's and Moulsford Preparatory School.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left and at the mini roundabout turn left again. Proceed through Pangbourne towards Reading on the A329 and upon entering Purley on Thames, pass over the first roundabout, straight over the traffic lights and take the next left into New Hill. Proceed over the railway bridge, bear right into St Mary's Avenue and immediately left into Colyton Way, pass the off-licence and local shop, at the end, turn right into Wintringham Way, pass Purley Park social club on your left, proceed to the end of the road, pass the no entry sign, at the river bear round to the right and 26 River Gardens will be found at the end of the road.
Post Code: RG8 8BX
Services: Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.