- NO ONWARD CHAIN / VACANT POSSESSION
- Perfect family house
- Off-road parking for 4 cars
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
- Heart of the village location
- Large, pretty rear garden
- Garden studio / office
Easy walking distance to station, shops and schools. Reading 6 miles, M4 (junc 12) 10 minutes' drive (all distances/timings approximate)
1,864 sq ft / 173 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A very attractive, 4 bedroom detached, modern character house, ideally located in the heart of the village.
The property was built with the use of old ship timbers to the interior and exterior giving a period character feel to the whole of the property. There is a south-facing, landscaped, family sized rear garden, with a useful modern garden studio with power, and lots of off-road parking to the front.
Within easy walking distance of all the amenities that Pangbourne offers including the primary school, award-winning independent shops, health centre, dental practices, restaurants, pubs, the River Thames and the train station with its fast connections to London Paddington.
● Peaceful setting in a central village location, yet set back from the road
● Large kitchen/breakfast room with French doors leading onto the impressive rear garden, a built in Rangemaster cooker, fitted dishwasher, utility cupboard with Miele washing machine and Miele tumble dryer, free standing fridge freezer, lots of cupboards for storage, space for a breakfast table and chairs, lots of windows and skylights giving lots of natural light
● Sitting room with fireplace fitted with wood burning stove and French doors opening onto a terrace, with a pergola covered by a wonderful mature vine, perfect for summer dining
● 4 bedrooms, offering excellent family accommodation
● Modern standalone garden studio/office with power
● Study/play room/bedroom on ground floor with bay window
● Large garden, extending some 100'
● Off-road parking at the front of the house for 4 cars
● No onward chain/ vacant possession.
Summary of accommodation: Large reception hall, family/dining room, study/play room/bedroom, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom.
4 bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite shower room to bedroom 1.
Garden studio/office, large timber constructed garden store.
Gardens: Flower beds and plenty of car parking to the front garden, side entrance to rear. Rear landscaped garden with pretty pergola with mature grapevine, stone laid terrace accessed from both the kitchen/breakfast room and the sitting room, well maintained lawn, flowerbeds and all manner of trees, including ornamental, evergreen and fruit trees. Rear garden approximately 100' long. Large timber constructed garden store, large modern standalone studio/office with power. Car parking area to the front for 4 cars.
Note. Some library photos used.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Basildon Park is a National Trust property featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only five minutes driving distance.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership. The large supermarkets of Waitrose and Sainsburys and Cobbs Farm Shop the other side of Tidmarsh, are all within easy driving distance.
Excellent schools: Oldewood is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools. Pangbourne College is within easy walking distance. Easily accessible schools include; Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School is in the village and within walking distance, which has foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton and Daughter turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. Proceed over the next mini roundabout and the property will be found a short way up on the right-hand side, after the library, tucked away and set back from the main road.
Services: Mains water, electricity, drainage and gas.
Post Code: RG8 7LY
Local Authority: West Berkshire Council. Tax Band: F
EPC Rating: D
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.