- Walk to station
- Fabulous kitchen/ dining room 19' x 16'
- Fold back doors onto south facing garden
- Two large reception rooms with open fireplaces fitted with wood burners
- Beautifully fitted throughout
- Many period features
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
Tilehurst station 1 minute walk ● Reading 3 miles ● Pangbourne village 3 miles ● M4 (junction 12) 6 miles (all distances/timings approximate)
1,765 sq ft / 164 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid detached late Victorian 4 bedroom period house, in splendid order throughout, built in 1900.
Thames Bank is within easy walking distance of Tilehurst station, Waitrose, and both Albert Park and the Thames Path both of which are wonderful for family and dog walking.
With pretty period rooms in excellent decorative order throughout, the living room and sitting room have original open fireplaces, presently fitted with wood burning stoves, with the living room having the benefit of a pretty bow window typical of the Victorian period and panelled walls.
The kitchen dining room is a more recent addition with fold back doors giving direct access to the south facing rear garden.
There is natural oak flooring throughout the ground floor including the living room, sitting room and the large reception hall, typical of the period.
• Spectacular and beautifully fitted kitchen/dining room with fold back doors giving masses of light and direct access to and overlooking the rear gardens. This is a light bright room with ceramic flagstone flooring, pretty painted high and low level units, extensive range of fitted larder units, fitted Rangemaster 5 gas ring hob, double oven and grill, extractor over. A central island which is also a breakfast bar with quartz surface, cupboards under, ceramic butlers sink and fitted dishwasher. Victorian style radiator
• Utility room off the kitchen/dining room is fitted to the same high-quality standards, with quartz working surfaces, ceramic butlers sink, plumbing for washing machine, stable door to rear garden, pedestrian access from Carlisle Road
• Large reception hall with oak flooring and staircase
• Sitting room has a double aspect looking over the front and rear gardens, and a fine original bay window
• Sitting room windows and living room bay windows are original and have been refurbished
• Wood burning stoves fitted to both the sitting room and living room fireplaces
• Primary double-glazed windows in keeping with the property, have been introduced to both ground floor rear and first floor rear windows
• Gas fired boiler replaced in 2016
• Remainder of house was totally refitted, refurbished and modernised in 2016 to include the bathrooms/shower rooms which have been fitted to a very high standard
• Gardens to front and rear have well maintained lawns and flowerbeds with high hedges and fencing giving seclusion to the front and rear. There is vehicular access from Carlisle Road to a secure hard standing for 2 cars
• Principal bedroom has an extensive range of wardrobes, pretty original Victorian fireplace, with pretty primary double glazed bow window overlooking the front, with an ensuite shower room
• All bedrooms are of a generous proportion
• Staircase rises to a half landing and turns onto a main landing with its original galleried balustrade
• Plantation shutters to bedroom 2, 3, 4 and the half landing windows
• Very attractive Sisal floor covering has been recently introduced to the main staircase and the whole of the first floor
• There are high ceilings throughout, typical of the Victorian period
• The front garden stretches some 60' to the road
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, cloakroom, living room, sitting room, large kitchen dining room, utility room, 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite shower room to principal bedroom.
Gardens: To both front and rear there are well-maintained lawns and flowerbeds with high hedges and fencing giving seclusion to the front and rear. Large detached garden store. There is vehicular access from Carlisle Road to a hard standing for 2 cars. Pedestrian access from Carlisle Road and Reading Road.
Local facilities: A short walk to Tilehurst train station, giving fast connections to London Paddington, Reading and Oxford. Crossrail coming to Reading Station giving easy access to the City. There is an excellent Waitrose within walking distance. Pangbourne has a wonderful village centre with shops, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers, excellent restaurants and riverside pubs.
Reading town centre is approximately 3 miles away and there is a regular bus service along the Oxford to Reading road, the M4 Junction 12 at Theale is approximately 6 miles.
Schools: There are excellent schooling facilities in the area to include; Ofsted rated Purley Primary C of E School, Denefield secondary school, Little Heath secondary school. Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance,
The Abbey which is a highly regarded girls school with a bus pick up close by.
A short drive away is; The Oratory, Cranford House, Queen Anne's, Moulsford Preparatory School, Reading School (Boys) and Kendrick school (Girls).
Route without the narrow-regulated vehicle access: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter, turn left and at the mini roundabout turn left again. Proceed out of the village and pass through Purley, pass the Roebuck, some new terrace houses, pass a Peugeot garage on the left, and carry on to the roundabout, take the 3rd exit into Overdown Road, 2nd right into Carlisle Road, and the property will be found at the end of the road, before the traffic calming measure, please park by the timber gates.
Post Code: RG31 6TL
Services: All mains including gas. Broadband.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: Reading Borough, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.