- Huge potential for refurbishment / extension (subject to LAPP)
- 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Grounds extending to 0.56 acre (approx.)
- Very peaceful location, set on a no-through road
- Spacious and light family accommodation
- Catchment for Langtree school & Whitchurch primary school
- Double detached garage
- Bounded by woodland to the rear
- A wonderful family home
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
Pangbourne village and station 2 miles ● Goring on Thames 3.5 miles ● Reading 8 miles ● M4 (junction 12) 7 miles (all distances are approximate)
2,464 sq ft / 229 m²
Gardens & grounds: 0.56 acre / 0.23 hectare
(all measurements are approximate)
A splendid modern detached 5 bedroom house, enjoying a peaceful and sleepy location overlooking woodland to the rear.
Robin Hill is set on a quiet no through road, and the property offers lots of potential for improvement, and also possible extension (subject to LAPP).
The gardens have been planted and cared for with dedication over many years, and are a very special feature. To the rear there are large herbaceous borders, shrubberies, and wide lawns sweeping down to a wooded copse belonging to the property, and further woodland over the rear boundary.
Robin Hill is within the catchment for Whitchurch village primary school (Ofsted outstanding) and Langtree secondary school.
This is a first-rate family house, unusually spacious, and light. Situated within easy walking distance of the village green, the Sun pub and church. There are many nearby footpaths and bridle paths through open countryside. Pangbourne and Goring villages are two riverside villages within easy access by car, offering wonderful shopping facilities, amenities, restaurants and riverside inns, as well as train connections to Reading and London Paddington.
• Interior of the property is spacious, a proper family house, with an unusually large reception hall with sliding doors leading directly onto the rear terrace and gardens
• Kitchen/breakfast room has plenty of room for a 6 seater table and is fitted with an electric oven, stainless steel 6 ring gas hob, extractor over, windows overlook the front, rear and side gardens. Plenty of wide working surfaces
• One end of the dining room is a primary double-glazed conservatory with access to the rear gardens
• Drawing room is large with an open fire and large windows looking directly onto the rear and sides of the garden
• Well-maintained and polished wood block flooring throughout most of the ground floor
• Study has double aspect windows overlooking side gardens and pretty views over the front gardens with its lovely magnolia and cherry trees
• First floor galleried landing with window overlooking front gardens
• 4 bedrooms have fitted wardrobes
• Family bathroom with shower over bath
• Large principal bedroom with double aspect views and a spacious ensuite bathroom
• Bedroom 2 has a fitted wash hand basin and a built-in wardrobe, with a built-in wardrobe on the landing adjacent, allowing the easy introduction of a shower room if so desired
• Utility area with gas boiler, plumbing for washing machine and single bowl sink unit
• A number of windows on the ground and first floor have been replaced with primary double-glazed units
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, drawing room, study, cloakroom, dining room, conservatory, kitchen/breakfast room, 5 double bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite to bedroom 1. Double detached garage.
Gardens: Wide frontage to the front of the property, with a large garden with lawns, herbaceous borders and flowering and ornamental trees. Spacious double garage with up and over door. Wide side access to both sides of the property.
To the rear there are wide, well-maintained lawns, shrubberies, and a vegetable garden with path leading to the wooded copse.
Local Facilities: Whitchurch Hill has a fine pub The Sun, which is within walking distance of the property. The property is within a short drive of a Co-Op supermarket in Woodcote and Pangbourne village centre has a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The Thames has fine riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering canoeing and climbing instruction.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City. Waitrose can be found at both Tilehurst (approx. 4 miles) and Wallingford.
Schools: The property is in the catchment area of Langtree Secondary School at Woodcote, and Whitchurch Primary School (Ofsted Outstanding). The property is located within walking distance of The Oratory Prep School, and a short drive from The Oratory, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House and Moulsford Prep School.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, left again at the mini roundabout and first left at the George Hotel. Proceed over the Whitchurch Toll Bridge, through Whitchurch village right to the top of the hill. At the top of the hill pass the church and village green on your right. Orchard Coombe turning is on the right, turn here and a short distance down, turn left into a bull-ring close, and Robin Hill, number 24 will be found on the left with a long gravel drive.
Post Code: RG8 7QL
Services: All mains, gas fired central heating.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, Band G.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.