- Beautifully decorated, refurbished to a high standard
- Valuable off road parking and single garage
- Hand painted fitted kitchen with framed cabinets
- Pretty and secluded garden to the rear
- Sitting room with dual fuel wood burner
- Walk to village pubs, primary school, and shops
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
Pangbourne centre & railway station 10 minutes' walk (fast trains to London Paddington 47 minutes) ● Easy access Reading (6 miles) & Oxford by rail & road ● M4 (junc 12) 6 miles ● Heathrow 45 minutes by car (all times & distances are approximate)
1,074 sq ft / 100 m² (measurements are approximate)
An exquisite 3 bedroom semi-detached period cottage, valuably unlisted, with off-road parking and a garage.
Set within the heart of this famous Thameside period village, within easy walking distance of the village primary school, pubs, church, the River Thames and Pangbourne with all its fine amenities, specialist shops, and a station giving fast connections to Reading and London Paddington.
Ivy Cottage has been constructed in the traditional manner of red clay brick and knapped flint under a tiled roof, with high ceilings throughout. There has been a great deal of refurbishment works carried out at the property, and the elegant interior has been decorated to a very high standard.
This is one of the prettiest spots in Whitchurch, surrounded by very attractive period property of different sizes. This is a very peaceful and sleepy part of the village, and is within easy walking distance of open countryside, footpaths and bridle paths.
* Off street car parking
* Adjacent single garage to the rear
* Very pretty sitting room with windows overlooking the raised front garden with a duel fuel wood burner with oak mantle over
*Ivy Cottage lies high above the quiet lane and enjoys complete privacy
* New kitchen is fully fitted with a very pretty range of hand painted framed cabinets by Thomas & Thomas, with a shaped, honed granite working surfaces, double Villeroy & Boch belfast sink, ornamental shelves above, fitted Miele dishwasher, fitted Bosch fridge freezer, large pantry unit with drawers under, Smeg cooking range with 4 ring gas hob, with oven and grill under, Baumatic cooker hood. A pair of pretty arched doors give access to a cupboard with plumbing for washing machine, and further cupboard for tumble dryer and storage.
* Limestone tiled flooring with underfloor heating to the kitchen/breakfast room, reception hall and cloakroom
* Door from kitchen onto a pretty railed courtyard
* Principal bedroom has a vaulted ceiling with pretty exposed beam work, double aspect windows, with a range of built in wardrobes and double French doors give lots of light and access to the rear gardens and terrace
* Bathroom to the first floor refitted with bath and shower unit with screen, fully ceramic tiled with underfloor heating
* Front garden has a gravel parking area for a single car and is mainly laid to lawn
* Rear garden approached from the courtyard, has access from the kitchen with steps leading up to a pretty red brick archway with hardwood door securing and giving access to the rear gardens
* Rear gardens are very secluded with red brick walls on all 3 sides, with French doors from the principal bedroom to a terrace with summer dining area. Flower beds, lawned area, small vegetable garden
* The cottage has a wide private access from the Hardwick Road, which is flanked by herbaceous borders and a brick and flint wall, which allows pedestrian access to the property and also access to the single garage which lies immediately to the rear of the gardens
* Easy access along the Hardwick Road to very beautiful natural countryside with footpaths
Some of the refurbishment works carried out:
Double-glazed wood frame windows throughout, internal and external doors. Electrics throughout, full second fix plumbing, Worcester combi boiler, replacement staircase with oak handrail, bespoke porch.
Landscaping of front garden/drive/courtyard, bespoke hardwood garden gates, reclaimed York stone paving in courtyard, roof work – tiles stripped from main roof, new felt and batten installed, tiles refitted (replaced with new where required), new bonnets fixed to hips.
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, cloakroom, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, 3 bedrooms and bathroom to the first floor.
Gardens: Front garden is mainly laid to lawn. Rear gardens are very secluded with red brick walls on all 3 sides, with French doors from the principal bedroom to a terrace with summer dining area, flower beds, lawned area and small vegetable garden. Off street car parking to front, single garage to the rear.
Local Facilities: Ivy Cottage is within easy walking distance of Pangbourne village centre with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, restaurants and riverside pubs. The River Thames runs between the villages and there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering canoeing and climbing instruction. Whitchurch-on-Thames also has two fine character pubs in The Greyhound and Ferryboat, both serving food. Just a few minutes' walk from the cottage is beautiful open countryside with many scenic footpaths and bridle paths.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading (upcoming Crossrail). Waitrose can be found at both Tilehurst (approx. 4 miles) and Wallingford.
Schools: The cottage is in the catchment area of Langtree Secondary School at Woodcote, and Whitchurch Primary School which has an outstanding record. The village is within easy reach of a number of independent schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. At the next mini roundabout turn left at The George Hotel, cross over the River Thames toll bridge and enter the village of Whitchurch. Continue along the High Street, and opposite the art gallery on the left, turn right into Hardwick Road. The large Victorian building The Mount will be immediately on your right, turn immediately left into a tarmacadam drive, there is a sign saying private drive no turning please, and Ivy Cottage is on your right with a parking space in front of it.
Post Code: RG8 7HH
Services: Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, Band D
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.