- A Victorian 2 bedroom terraced property
- Walk to pub, primary school, shops and train station to Oxford and London Paddington
- Highly desirable no through road.
- In need of updating/ modernising
- Lovely garden to the rear with gate at the end onto National Trust land
- All mains services including mains gas
- Lots of beautiful walks
- Set on high ground
Catchment for The Downs School ● Easy walking distance to Streatley Primary School and village pub ● Goring shops, village hall, restaurants 15-minute walk ● Goring train station 0.9 mile ● Reading 10 miles (all distances/times are approximate)
735 sq ft / 68 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
A Victorian 2-bedroom cottage in a peaceful road, set on high ground with views of fields and woodland to the front and long terraced gardens to the rear.
The Coombe is a highly desirable no through road. The property could benefit from modernisation and improvement to include the kitchen and bathroom, with potential for an extension to the rear (Subject to LAPP). There is a gate to the rear onto National Trust land.
The Coombe is within walking distance of the primary school, the local pub, The Bull and the Thameside Coppa Club restaurant, bar, hotel and members gym. Goring is within walking distance with its cafes and shops and the station offers easy access to Reading, London Paddington and Oxford.
• The property is in neat and tidy order throughout
• Built in wardrobes to the main bedroom, airing cupboard to bathroom
• Pretty rural views to the front
• Sitting room has a large original open log fire with oak mantel and surround
• Front door and front windows have been replaced with primary double-glazed units
• All mains' services including gas. Full gas fired central heating
• First floor bathroom
Summary of accommodation: Sitting room with dining area, kitchen. 1st floor; 2 bedrooms, bathroom.
Gardens: Good sized rear terraced gardens with a gate at the end onto National Trust land and paved seating area by the house. Small paved garden area to the front. On-street parking.
Local facilities: Situated in a semi-rural location in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and near to many beautiful amenities. The woodland and hills surrounding Streatley have been acquired in recent years by the National Trust and the extensive bridleways and footpaths are now open to the public.
The Coombe is within walking distance of the local pub, The Bull and the Thameside Coppa Club restaurant, bar & hotel. The village of Goring offers a wide range of amenities including independent shops, cafes, restaurants, pubs, a health centre, hotel, library, dentist and hairdressers.
The train station has excellent direct links to Oxford, Reading and London Paddington. There is also easy access for the major local towns, including Oxford, Reading and Newbury and the M40 and M4 motorways.
Schools: The property is within catchment of the sought-after The Downs School in Compton, as well as Streatley Primary School, and Upper Basildon Primary. Nearby there are excellent schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Prep, Cranford House, Moulsford Prep & Senior School for boys, and The Oratory Prep& Senior School.
Directions: From the traffic-controlled crossroads with The Bull pub on your left, proceed up Streatley Hill, turn left into The Coombe, pass the school and the property will be found on the left.
Post Code: RG8 9QP
Services: Mains electricity, gas, water, and drainage.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.