- Lots of potential
- Highly sought-after location
- Individually designed, light & bright accommodation
- Peaceful village location
- Constructed to exacting standards
- Easy walking distance to the village centre/station
- Set on a no thru road
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes' walk to shops & train station ● Fast trains to London Paddington (47 minutes) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 4 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances/times are approximate)
Total floor area : 2,606 sq ft / 242 m²
Gardens and Grounds 0.35 acre / 0.1 hectare (all measurements are approximate)
An attractive, individually designed 4 bedroom country house, situated within one of the most important and exclusive private no through roads in Pangbourne, within easy walking distance of the village centre. Enormous potential.
Constructed to exacting standards in the late 1960s by well known builder of this period, Fairbain developments. Don Fairbain was renowned for thoroughness and quality of construction and finish. One of his hallmark features were the polished green granite window sills and slate stonework showing on the front elevation. The property is in immaculate order throughout with a high standard of elegant and simple decoration. This is a light, bright and spacious family house.
Sakura stands on high ground overlooking woodland and is set in a generous plot, extending to approximately 0.35 acre. The large garden to the front enjoys a southerly aspect, the brick laid entrance is secured by electrically operated wrought iron gates, with a dwarf brick wall running the width of the frontage surmounted by wrought iron railings, giving total security for family use. The covered terrace overlooking the front garden is ideal for year-round entertaining.
The present owner has enjoyed living within this property for over 30 years and it is hard to imagine a more sleepy, very peaceful and private location, and yet still within the heart of this famous Thameside village. Sakura is within easy walking distance of riverside pubs and restaurants, the River Thames, a highly regarded primary school, church, specialist shops, amenities and a train station with fast commuter links to London Paddington.
• The kitchen/breakfast room is spacious and comprehensively fitted with an extensive range of painted units, with high level china cupboards, 5 ring gas stainless steel hob with extractor over, Bosch dishwasher, Neff electric double oven, stainless steel sink, filter water tap, and with space for a large kitchen table, if required
• The reception hall is spacious and the staircase and galleried landing feature a bespoke mahogany balustrade in an art nouveau style designed by the present owner
• The windows are large throughout the property and are replacement hardwood primary double-glazed units
• There is an expensive Stiltz lift giving access to the first floor
• Bedroom 1 has a glazed hardwood door giving access to a large balcony overlooking the front gardens, an ensuite with underfloor heating, and a dressing area with fitted dressing table and wardrobes
• The large loft area is boarded and excellent for storage, with lighting and pull-down ladder
• Sitting room has French doors opening onto the covered terrace
• Family and ensuite bathrooms have both baths and showers
• The large utility room houses the Viessmann gas boiler which is a high-quality unit and approximately 3 years old
Summary of accommodation:
Reception hall, sitting room, dining room, study/play room, cloakroom, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite bath/shower to bedrooms 1 & 2.
Integral double garage with electric up and over door, and a workshop area.
Front and rear gardens are mainly laid to lawn. The rear garden has a terrace, a BBQ area, greenhouse and two garden stores.
South-facing front gardens are walled on 3 sides, with wrought iron railings to the front, the access is flanked by an antique style streetlamp, driveway to the integral double garage with a parking area for several cars.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.35 acre (approx.)
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, barbers, restaurants and riverside pubs. By the River Thames there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering kayak, canoe, SUP and climbing tuition.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City, as well as buses to all local areas. Waitrose can be found approx. 3 miles away at Tilehurst.
Excellent schools: Sakura is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School has foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout passing The Elephant and Cross Keys pub. A short way down Tidmarsh Road, turn right into Flowers Hill, and then left into Cedar Drive. The property will be found after the right-hand bend on the right.
Post Code: RG8 7BH
Services: Mains electricity, gas, water, drainage. Water softener.
EPC Rating: Band D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.