- Catchment for The Downs School
- 4/5 double bedrooms
- Cinema room with pull down screen and surround sound system
- Double garage with workshop area
- Peaceful, sleepy country lane location
- Close to Yattendon village
- Lovely large gardens extending to approx 0.44 acre
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
Pangbourne village & train station 4 miles ● M4 (junction 12) 5 miles ● Newbury 7 miles ● Reading 10 miles ● Heathrow 45 minutes' drive (all distances/timings approximate)
4,329 sq ft / 402 m²
Gardens and Grounds extending to approx. 0.44 acre
(all measurements are approximate)
A splendid and spacious 4/5 bedroom country house of character, idyllically positioned on a peaceful, sleepy country lane just outside Yattendon village. Enjoying pretty views over land owned by Yattendon Estate and situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with lots of footpaths and bridle paths.
The house has unusually spacious family accommodation, with lots of character created by the use of oak beams to the high ceilings, reclaimed materials from properties of older periods, to include pine panelled doors, and a number of substantial naturally polished timber framed doors.
The gardens have high hedges and trees to the boundaries giving seclusion. A very large stone terrace runs the width of the property, accessed through French doors from both the kitchen/breakfast room and the drawing room.
There is a fully fitted cinema room with a ceiling mounted projector, pull-down screen and a surround sound system, this room can also be used as a 5th bedroom as it has an ensuite shower room.
Easy driving distance to the famous period village of Yattendon with its fantastic village shop, hairdressers, and the acclaimed Royal Oak Country House Hotel, restaurant and bar.
* The kitchen/breakfast room is the hub of the house. Fully fitted with extensive range of high-and low-level cupboard and drawer units, with a breakfast bar at one end and a good-sized dining area that might easily seat 6 to 8 people if required
* The kitchen area is fitted with a twin butlers sink, pale green granite work surface, a Leisure range unit with two ovens, warming drawer, grill with ceramic 5 ring hob with warming plate, glass splashback and extractor over, fitted dishwasher, larder units, wicker basket vegetable racks, two glass and china display units. Primary double glazed French doors open out from the kitchen onto the large summer dining terrace
* The reception hall is large with oak flooring, and an oak staircase with balustrade rising gracefully to the large first floor galleried landing with an electric coal effect fire
* The drawing room has a large open fireplace with a raised hearth, fitted with wood burning stove with Bressemer beam across and exposed old red brickwork. French doors open onto the rear sun terrace
* The dining room also has a pretty exposed brick open fire place fitted with wood burning stove and a door giving side access to the exterior
* All the bedrooms are of double size, bedroom 1 is spacious with a walk-in wardrobe, an ensuite shower unit of recent design and fitting. The family bathroom is also a very good size and has both a bath and shower with travertine tiled flooring
* Bedroom 2 is separated into two areas, with a double bedroom and alcove used as a study area and a large dressing area
Summary of accommodation:
Ground floor: Reception hall, cloakroom, utility room, kitchen/breakfast room, drawing room, cinema room/bedroom 5 with ensuite shower, study/play room.
First floor: 4 bedrooms, large family bathroom, ensuite shower to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 has a dressing room study area.
Double garage with workshop area.
Gardens: There are high hedges and trees to the boundaries giving seclusion, overlooking Yattendon Estate to the front and to the whole length of the side boundary. The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn, with a large sun terrace and an attractive bamboo summer house with seating. Tool store/ garden machinery store to the rear of the garden.
To the front there is a very large gravelled parking area with turn around area, and further parking to the side of the property. The property is accessed by imposing entrance columns each side of the entrance to the driveway.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.44 acre (approximately)
Local Facilities: Yattendon village has the famous Country House Hotel & Restaurant; The Royal Oak, and what is now one of the most important focal points of village life at Yattendon; The Village Stores and Post Office, providing a wide range of convenience foods for local residents including produce from Vicars Game, West Berkshire Brewery and The Wineman. Yattendon has a thriving community and a popular tennis club.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex within walking distance open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership.
For extra shopping and amenities, Pangbourne village is 10 minutes' drive and has a fabulous selection of award-winning specialist shops, restaurants, riverside pubs, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers and a train station giving a fast train service connection to London Paddington.
Schools: Yattendon is within the catchment area for the highly sought after The Downs School at Compton and the highly regarded Yattendon Primary. Within easy driving distance of Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory, Elstree, St Gabriel's Girls School and Downe House Girls School.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton and Daughter turn left, over mini roundabout turn first right at St James the Less church. Follow the signposts for Yattendon, before you get to Yattendon there is a turning on the left called Scratchface Lane and a bus stop, do not turn left here, take the next turning left which is sign posted Stanford Dingley and the property will be found after the Christmas trees on the left-hand side. Mid Acre is a cream painted house with imposing cream painted rendered columns either side of the entrance.
Post Code: RG18 0XD
Services: Mains water, electricity, mains drainage, oil fired central heating, Megaflo tank. Gigaclear super-fast broadband connected
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.