- Tremendous potential for extension or redesign of the property
- Very large southerly facing rear garden backing onto woodland
- Walk to primary school, shop, pub, village hall
- Highly sought-after location
- Easy access to extensive walks/bridle paths
Village centre with wonderful amenities ● Thatcham 2 miles ● Thatcham train station 2.5 miles ● Newbury 6 miles ● Pangbourne 9 miles ● Reading 12 miles
(all distances/times are approximate)
1,807 sq ft / 168 m²
Gardens and Grounds 0.41 acre (approx.)
(all measurements are approximate)
A detached 3 bedroom chalet style property. Substantially constructed of old red clay brick under a tiled roof originally in the 1930s, with some later additions. There is tremendous potential for extension or redesign of the property (Subject to Local Authority planning permission).
Walnut Cottage is set in very large southerly facing rear gardens, backing onto woodland, positioned in the heart of the village within walking distance of all the main facilities; the village primary school, shop, the well-regarded Cottage Inn pub/restaurant, the village hall with many events and tennis courts with tennis club.
The accommodation is light and spacious with a large main reception room with open fireplace fitted with a wood burner, double aspect windows to front and rear, with French doors opening onto the rear terrace and summer dining area. Well set back from the road, with lots of car parking, a double garage
This is a very sought-after part of the world, with miles of countryside footpaths through Bucklebury Common, for walks and bridle paths for equestrian enthusiasts within easy walking distance.
* Kitchen/breakfast room is well-fitted with a Rayburn Royal oil-fired range cooker, with double ovens, electric 4 ring hob with oven below and extractor over, fitted fridge and windows overlooking the side and rear gardens
* Utility room with plumbing for washing machine and vent for tumble dryer, Bosch dishwasher and oil-fired boiler, with door to rear garden
* All bedrooms are doubles and have fitted wardrobes
* There is a double bedroom on the ground floor, which was previously a dining room, and there is a ground floor shower room/cloakroom
* Spacious landing which could be a study area
* Modern family bathroom
* Large rear gardens, backing onto woodland, with a southerly aspect
Summary of accommodation: Entrance porch, reception hall, ground floor bedroom/dining room, shower/cloakroom, large sitting room with dining area, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room. First floor; 2 double bedrooms, family bathroom.
Double detached garage. Large timber store.
Gardens: Southerly aspect rear garden measures approximately 83m/270ft deep by 15m/50ft wide. Well maintained lawns, sweeping down to the rear boundary. Greenhouse, garden store and old chicken house. To the rear of the garage there is a further large timber constructed store room that might be converted to a home office if so desired.
Before the detached double garage, there is a large concrete hard standing with plenty of space for parking further cars.
There is parking to the forecourt for at least 3 cars with high laurel hedging screening the property from the boundary, a 5-bar gate opens onto a pea shingle drive with a further 5-bar gate before the side access to the garage.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.41 acre (approx.)
Local Facilities: Upper Bucklebury is one of the most sought-after locations in the area due to its rural, yet extremely convenient position. Local amenities within walking distance include a village shop, church, primary school and the highly regarded Cottage Inn pub with restaurant. The village hall hosts many events throughout the year and there are tennis courts and a thriving tennis club. There is also a BMX track, and children's playground. The area provides endless opportunities for scenic walks and country pursuits.
Stanford Dingley is a short distance by car with its famous 16th century pubs, The Old Boot Inn and The Bull Inn. There is a health centre 2 minutes away in Chapel Row.
The property is positioned with extremely convenient road links to the M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour's drive. There are train stations within easy reach at Thatcham and Pangbourne giving good commuter access to Reading and London Paddington. It is a short drive to Newbury with its excellent shopping centre, leisure facilities and the well-known Newbury Racecourse. Yattendon village is just a couple of miles away with the famous country house hotel and restaurant; The Royal Oak.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre and 9-hole golf course.
Schools: Excellent schools abound within easy driving distance to include; Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Downe House, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School & Elstree Preparatory School. There is a C of E primary school at both Upper Bucklebury and Bradfield. Kennet secondary school catchment - In its most recent inspection, Ofsted has given Kennet School an overall rating of Outstanding.
Directions: From Bradfield Southend, head onto the Avenue of Oaks, passing the Bladebone pub on your left, proceed along the road until you reach Upper Bucklebury, go past the village hall on the left with its tennis courts and number 43 is the ninth house on the left. Just before Mortons Lane on the right. Look for the Singleton & Daughter sale board.
Post Code: RG7 6QH
Services: Mains water, electricity, oil fired boiler, mains drainage. High-speed Gigaclear connected.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.