- An Outstanding Individually, Contemporary Designed Detached Family House Built to Exacting Standards
- Unusually Large Self-Contained Annexe (Could Otherwise Become Part of the Main House Accommodation)
- Occupying a Delightful Plot of About 0.28 of an Acre
- Centrally Positioned within Favoured Village Location on the Edge of Bucklebury Common
- Overall Accommodation Includes Six Bedrooms, Three Bathrooms, Two Kitchens & Two Sitting Rooms
- Luxuriously Appointed & Equipped Throughout
- Extensive Driveway Parking & Detached Double Garage
- Landscaped Level Rear Garden with Summerhouse/Log Cabin
- The Plot Enjoys a High Level of Privacy & Backs onto Meadows
- We Highly Recommend a Viewing of this Fine Property
Village centre with wonderful amenities ● Thatcham 2 miles ● Thatcham train station 2.5 miles ● Newbury 6 miles ● Pangbourne 9 miles ● Reading 12 miles
3,472sq ft / 323 m²
Gardens and grounds extending to 0.28 acre
(all measurements are approximate)
An outstanding contemporary 6 bedroom, 3 bathroom detached country house of character, with an unusually large and beautifully fitted self-contained annexe. The property has been individually designed, constructed and fitted to exacting standards.
Set in beautifully maintained and large landscaped gardens which include a pretty ornamental pond, large lawns, a summer house, a vegetable garden area with raised bed, a greenhouse and garden store. The property stands in 0.28 acre (approx.) with an adjacent footpath giving access to the very pretty well-maintained meadows which lie behind this property.
Meadowside is accessed from the road by way of remote control electric 5 bar gates, with separate pedestrian gate to one side, and is within walking distance of all the main facilities; the village primary school, shop, the highly regarded Cottage Inn pub/restaurant, the village hall with many events and tennis courts with tennis club.
This is a very sought-after part of the world, with miles of countryside footpaths through Bucklebury Common, for walks and bridle paths for equestrian enthusiasts.
• The self-contained annexe intercommunicates with the main house, all on a single level with its own front door, reception hall, sitting room, large cloakroom, wet shower room, 2 bedrooms, one with fitted wardrobes, unusually spacious and beautifully fitted kitchen/breakfast room
· Annexe kitchen has granite worksurfaces, central island, fitted Bosch microwave, fitted Bosch pyrolytic self-cleaning oven, stainless steel Bosch 4 ring gas hob, extractor over, fitted Candy wine fridge, fitted Bosch dishwasher, fitted Bosch fridge/freezer, large larder cupboards, ceramic tiled flooring, double French doors leading directly onto a terrace overlooking the rear garden
• Oiled oak flooring throughout the annexe, and the sitting room has a coal effect fire. The doorways, hallways, cloakroom and ensuite are specifically designed for wheelchair use if so desired
• The annexe can be easily incorporated to be used in the property as a whole
• The main part of the house has a fabulous reception hall with double height entry and oak staircase leading past glazed balustrades to the galleried glazed balustrade surrounding the large first-floor landing
· The fabulous kitchen/dining room with extensive range of high-and low-level painted units, fitted Bosch microwave, separate Bosch self-cleaning pyrolytic oven, 4 ring ceramic induction hob with Bosch extractor over, granite worksurfaces, oiled oak planked flooring, fitted wine fridge, large undermounted stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and also boiling water tap. The dining area could easily take a table to serve 10 people or more. Central island has a solid oak worksurface with power and cupboards under. A door from the kitchen opens in to a walk-in pantry
• Bi-fold doors give access to the rear gardens and terrace
• The dining area has a wood burning stove by Contura of Sweden, and is designed to convect the heat
• The sitting room has oiled oak flooring, a foldback glazed oak framed door giving access from the kitchen dining room, French doors opening onto the rear gardens
• Utility room is fully fitted with plumbing for washing machine and Bosch dishwasher
• Oak joinery throughout the property is spectacular, with oak doors in the main house and annexe
• Security glazed Juliet balconies to bedrooms 1 and 2 with French doors giving lovely views over the meadows
• Principal bedroom with an extensive range of wardrobes, central drawer unit, a very large ensuite with shower and twin basins
• Beautifully fitted large family bathroom with a jacuzzi bath, large walk-in wet shower and twin basins
• Bedroom 3 has a large walk-in cupboard area presently used as storage, with plumbing accessible to fit an ensuite shower room if required
• Bedroom 4 is presently used as a study, and also has a large walk-in wardrobe/dressing area
• All the windows are primary double glazed, and of the ‘tilt-and-turn' type. All windows and exterior doors are hardwood and of German manufacture
• Underfloor wet pipe central heating throughout the property with additional heated towel rails in the bathrooms
• Each room has a thermostat and timer giving zoned central heating
• Hot water pressure system with large Gledhill cylinder with back up immersion
• Lots of storage and cupboards throughout the property and a large airing cupboard to the first-floor landing
• The forecourt to the property is very large, giving parking for a number of cars and there is a separate area which could hold a boat or motorhome
• Detached garage with two pairs of double doors giving access, plus a pedestrian access to the side, power and electric lighting, and an attached lean-to wood store
• Rear garden has 2 limestone terraces, one outside the bifold doors from the kitchen/dining room, the other in front of the annexe
• The gardens enjoy a high level of privacy afforded by high hedges and trees, separate seating areas, well-maintained lawns, a pretty pond secured by post and wire fencing surround, with a net over the top to stop the herons. A vegetable garden with raised beds, a greenhouse and garden store. Electric garden lights surround the lawn, remote controlled from the house
• A large log cabin/summer house has decking to the front, with power, lighting, exterior lights and underfloor heating
• All hedges are owned by the property and therefore the owners have full control
• Rear garden has a depth of 120ft, by 60 ft in width (all approx.) and are dog wired
• The Meadows comprise of 3 meadows which can be used by parish residents, these meadows are not used for sporting activities, and only by the parish residents
• The property is within walking distance of the ancient Bucklebury Common – beautifully unspoilt for wonderful walks
Note. 10-year Premier insurance structural warranty which expires in Jan 2022.
Summary of accommodation:
Main house; reception hall, utility room, kitchen/dining room, sitting room, 4 bedrooms, ensuite to bedroom 1, family bathroom
Annexe; reception hall, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom, 2 bedrooms, ensuite shower room
Detached double garage, summer house/log cabin.
Gardens: The pretty landscaped gardens enjoy a high level of privacy with high hedges and trees, separate seating areas, well-maintained lawns, a summer house, a pretty pond secured by post and wire fencing surround, with a net over to stop the herons. A vegetable garden with raised beds, a greenhouse and garden store.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.28 acre (approx.)
Local Facilities: Upper Bucklebury is one of the most sought-after locations in the area due to its rural, yet extremely convenient position. Local amenities within walking distance include a village shop, church, primary school and the highly regarded Cottage Inn pub with restaurant. The village hall hosts many events throughout the year and there are tennis courts and a thriving tennis club. There is also a BMX track, and children's playground. The area provides endless opportunities for scenic walks and country pursuits.
Stanford Dingley is a short distance by car with its famous 16th century pubs, The Old Boot Inn and The Bull Inn. There is a health centre 2 minutes away in Chapel Row.
The property is positioned with extremely convenient road links to the M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour's drive. There are train stations within easy reach at Thatcham and Pangbourne giving good commuter access to Reading and London Paddington. It is a short drive to Newbury with its excellent shopping centre, leisure facilities and the well-known Newbury Racecourse. Yattendon village is just a couple of miles away with the famous country house hotel and restaurant; The Royal Oak.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre and 9-hole golf course.
Schools: Excellent schools abound within easy driving distance to include; Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Downe House, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School & Elstree Preparatory School. There is a C of E primary school at both Upper Bucklebury and Bradfield. Kennet secondary school catchment - In its most recent inspection, Ofsted has given Kennet School an overall rating of Outstanding. The inspection details are correct as of March 31, 2019
Directions: From Bradfield Southend, head onto the Avenue of Oaks, passing the Bladebone pub on your left, proceed along the road until you reach Upper Bucklebury, go past the village hall on the left with its tennis courts. Pass the Cottage Inn pub on your right, and Meadowside, number 20, will be found on your right-hand side opposite Berry's Road.
Post Code: RG7 6QJ
Services: Mains water and drainage, electricity, gas. High speed gigaclear connection available.
Gas fired underfloor heating.
EPC Rating: B
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.