- Individually designed modern detached house
- 2 ensuites and a family bathroom
- Generous sitting and family room
- Single garage and ample parking
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
- 5 Double bedrooms
- Spectacular Kitchen/breakfast room
- Ideal family home of great proportions
- South and westerly facing rear gardens
Village centre with wonderful amenities ● Thatcham 2 miles ● Thatcham train station 2.5 miles ● Newbury 6 miles ● Pangbourne 9 miles ● Reading 12 miles
3,005 sq ft / 279 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A very attractive, individually designed 5 bedroom detached modern house built to a high standard.
This is a splendid family house, set in the heart of the village within walking distance of all the main facilities; the village primary school, shop, the regarded Cottage Inn pub/restaurant, the village hall with many events and tennis courts with tennis club.
The property has been immaculately maintained, has spacious rooms and is very light, highly insulated with primary double-glazing, built some 30 years ago.
Set back from the road, secured by wrought iron electric gates hung on brick columns with a wide gravelled drive providing parking for a number of cars with access to a single garage with remote controlled doors.
This is a very sought-after part of the world, with miles of countryside footpaths for walks and bridle paths for equestrian enthusiasts.
• The sunny spacious rear gardens overlooking woodland
• The spectacular and spacious kitchen/breakfast room with French doors leading onto the rear terrace and gardens. Large breakfast bar with stools, an extensive range of highly polished oak cupboards and drawers with wide granite worksurfaces, fitted Rangemaster with two ovens and a grill, 5 ring induction hob. Central island preparation unit, limestone flagged flooring with a stable door to the reception hall, and room for a large dining table and chairs
• Large reception hall giving access to a spacious dining room. a family room and a study with French doors opening onto the rear garden
• Sitting room has large windows overlooking the front with a wood burning stove
• Oak balustrade to the staircase, with a large oak galleried landing with window overlooking the front
• Five double bedrooms and three shower/bath rooms to include an ensuite to the principal bedroom
• Large gravelled forecourt with parking for a number of cars
• High security wrought iron entrance gates, electrically operated
• Utility room with granite worksurfaces and oak units
• Rear gardens have the benefit of the south and westerly sun for evening dining
• High levels of insulation
• Single garage with pedestrian entry from the study which creates excellent storage
Summary of accommodation: reception hall, sitting room, cloakroom, dining room, family room, kitchen/breakfast room, study, utility room, 5 bedrooms, 3 shower/bathrooms, attached single garage.
Gardens: Pretty gardens mainly to the rear with well maintained lawns, secure dog area, shrubberies, with high board fencing.
Local Facilities: Upper Bucklebury is one of the most sought-after locations in the area due to its rural, yet extremely convenient position. Local amenities within walking distance include a village shop, church, primary school and the highly regarded Cottage Inn pub with restaurant. The village hall hosts many events throughout the year and there are tennis courts and a thriving tennis club. There is also a bmx track, and childrens playground. The area provides endless opportunities for scenic walks and country pursuits.
Stanford Dingley is a short distance by car with its famous 16th century pubs, The Old Boot Inn and The Bull Inn. There is a health centre 2 minutes away in Chapel Row.
The property is positioned with extremely convenient road links to the M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour's drive. There are train stations within easy reach at Thatcham and Pangbourne giving good commuter access to Reading and London Paddington. It is a short drive to Newbury with its excellent shopping centre, leisure facilities and the well-known Newbury Racecourse. Yattendon village is just a couple of miles away with the famous country house hotel and restaurant; The Royal Oak.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre and 9-hole golf course.
Schools: Excellent schools abound within easy driving distance to include; Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Downe House, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School & Elstree Preparatory School. There is a C of E primary school at both Upper Bucklebury and Bradfield. Kennet secondary school catchment - In its most recent inspection, Ofsted has given Kennet School an overall rating of Outstanding. The inspection details are correct as of March 31, 2019
Directions: From Bradfield Southend, head onto the Avenue of Oaks, passing the Bladebone pub on your left, proceed along the road until you reach Upper Bucklebury, go past the village hall on the left with its tennis courts and number 55 is the third house on the left.
Post Code: RG7 6QH
Services: mains water, electricity, oil fired boiler
Gigaclear super-fast broadband connected
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band H
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.