- 3 bedrooms
- Restricted to purchasers over the age of 55
- 2 reception rooms
- En-suite and main bathroom
- Excellent order throughout
- Small private garden area to no 23 Breedons Court
- Short level walk to Pangbourne village
- Cloakroom with utility room
- Beautiful landscaped communal gardens
Easy level walking distance to village shops, amenities & station ● Reading 5 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles (all distances/times are approximate)
1,477 sq ft / 137 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid 3-bedroom terraced house, constructed by the well-known Beechcroft Developments in 2008, who are noted for their attention to detail and their luxury developments, restricted to purchasers over the age of 55.
Breedons Court consists of 14 luxury houses, apartments and lodge houses, set in a very pretty and secluded high-security gated community within beautifully maintained landscaped communal gardens. Breedons Hill once belonged to a fine Georgian House which still lies adjacent.
Enjoying a small private garden area with terrace, and walk-through access directly to the single garage owned by the property. The house is in excellent order throughout.
* Drawing room has an attractive carved stone fireplace, presently fitted with an electric fire. Large windows directly overlook the pretty formal gardens to the front, this is an elegant room with fitted bookshelves, and glazed doors into the dining room and further doors into the garden room at the rear
* The kitchen/breakfast room is well-fitted with an extensive range of beech fronted cupboard and drawer units, fitted dishwasher, granite worksurfaces, fitted fridge freezer, Bosch 5 ring gas hob, extractor over, Bosch double oven with grill, ceramic tiled floor, and window overlooking the private garden
* Garden room has lots of windows overlooking the pretty garden to the rear with its stone paved sun terrace planted with a number of evergreen shrubs and plants with French doors leading out to the terrace
* An imposing canopied entrance porch and classic panelled door leading into the property and reception hall
* Staircase is presently fitted with a stairlift which may be removed if desired
* The dining room has an extensive range of fitted bookshelves
* First floor has a large landing area with access hatch to the fully boarded loft, with a pull-down loft ladder. Galleried landing with twin doors to the airing cupboard and pressurised heating system
* Two double bedrooms, the main bedroom has an en-suite shower room and fitted wardrobes
* Bedroom two has fitted wardrobes and views to the front over Pangbourne rooftops and cedar tree
* Third bedroom/study/hobby room
Summary of accommodation: Entrance hall, cloakroom with utility area, drawing room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, garden room, 3 bedrooms, 1 family bathroom, 1 en-suite shower room.
Gardens: The property enjoys a small private garden area with terrace and borders with shrubs. This area is westerly facing.
There are beautifully maintained landscaped communal gardens. Easy access to a single garage within a separate detached block to the rear.
Garage has electric up and over door, power and light.
Easy access pedestrian wrought iron gate to the footpath, and a further pair of remote control wrought iron gates from Breedons Hill for pedestrian and vehicular access.
Local facilities: Easy level walking distance to Pangbourne village centre with its excellent shops, health centre, dentists, hairdressers, small supermarket, butcher, bakery, cheese shop, library, church, pubs and restaurants. The station offers links to Reading, London Paddington and Oxford.
There is a first-class fitness centre at Bradfield College which is open to membership with a very fine indoor swimming pool, gymnasium, squash courts and tennis courts. There are also plenty of excellent golf courses nearby; Streatley Hills, Mapledurham and Calcot.
The large supermarkets of Waitrose and Sainsbury's, and various local farm shops, all within easy driving distance.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout with The Elephant Hotel on the right. Follow the road for a short distance and turn right into Breedons Hill. Take the first right and access through the wrought iron gates into Breedons Court. Further instructions will be given at the appointment confirmation.
Post Code: RG8 7AT
Tenure: Leasehold. The property is held upon the balance of a 999 year lease from 2007. There is an estate manager and the maintenance charges are audited annually. Should you proceed with the purchase of the property these details must be verified by a solicitor.
Note: Annual ground rent is £350.
Management company is Chaney's and there is a monthly maintenance charge of £369 which covers building insurance, exterior decoration and maintenance of the gardens, parking areas and driveway, window cleaning and external lighting.
Services: Mains water, electricity and gas. Pressurised hot water system. Gas fired central heating. Water fed underfloor heating to ground floor, radiators to the first floor.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.