- An outstanding 5 bedroom detached country house - 5081 sq ft / 472 sq m
- Beautifully landscaped, large gardens and grounds
- Stunning 52 ft / 15 metres kitchen/ dining/ living room with vaulted ceiling
- In immaculate order throughout
- One bedroom & bathroom on ground floor - adapted bathroom and wheel chair friendly
- Elegant 25ft with high ceilling - Drawing room
- Set in a private road within the heart of this highly sought after village
- A few minutes easy drive to Pangbourne's shops, amenities & train station to London Paddington
- Air conditioned wine store
- Ample parking for numbers of cars and double garage
Pangbourne shops & station 3 miles ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (Junc 12) 6 miles (all distances are approximate)
5,081 sq ft / 472 m²
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.63 acre / 0.26 hectare
(all measurements are approximate)
An outstanding, 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom, individual detached country house, set in splendid and large private gardens, which are a delight in all seasons.
Stunning 52 ft / 15.9 metres kitchen/ dining/ living room with vaulted ceiling.
Robins Wood is in immaculate order throughout, with an excellent flow of accommodation, to include a self-contained annexe, and a ground floor bedroom/bathroom suite suitable for wheelchair access if required. The bathroom has been fully adapted for person(s) with disabilities. The main ground floor areas are easily accessible for wheelchair users.
Accessed from a private road in an exclusive location, within the heart of this sought-after semi-rural village, noted for its mix of period and modern properties. Upper Basildon is an excellent location for families with children of all ages. There is a very active community, and the village hall hosts many events throughout the year. The Red Lion village pub is within easy walking distance.
Surrounded by countryside known for its outstanding beauty with easy access to footpaths giving lovely walks through unspoilt countryside, and just a few minutes easy drive to Pangbourne village, with its extensive range of specialist shops, riverside pubs and restaurants, amenities and railway station giving fast commuter links to Oxford, Reading, the Elizabeth Line and non-stop service to Paddington.
• Magnificent kitchen/living/dining room with vaulted ceiling and a marvellous architectural feature of glazed windows overlooking the rear gardens, seating area, dining area and kitchen area. The kitchen is fully fitted with Neff fridge freezer with ice & water dispenser, Rangemaster Falcon cooking range with 5 ring induction hob, two ovens and grill, Falcon extractor over, fitted pantries, polished granite working surfaces, Neff dishwasher, large peninsular preparation bar with breakfast bar, and underfloor heating
• Large double aspect drawing room, with Inglenook fireplace fitted with a wood burning stove. Two pairs of French doors lead to the paved terrace and rear gardens
• Ground floor suite of bedroom, and fully adapted bathroom
• Spacious study/library/play room
• Air conditioned and insulated wine store
• Good sized utility/secondary kitchen, with plumbing for washing machine, Neff ceramic 4 ring induction hob, extractor, Neff double oven unit
• Door to front gardens which allows separate access to the annexe with staircase to bedroom 5
• Principal bedroom has a beautifully fitted modern wet room, extensive fitted wardrobes, dressing area, double aspect, pretty views over wooded countryside
• Imposing reception hall
• Main staircase and landing have glazed balustrade
• Replacement primary double glazing throughout
Summary of accommodation:
Ground Floor: Entrance lobby, reception hall, drawing room, study, second study/library/playroom, kitchen/living/dining room, utility room/secondary kitchen, wine store, cloakroom, ground floor bedroom and ensuite.
First Floor: Principal bedroom with en suite wet room, two further bedrooms, two bathrooms,
Annexe: Staircase from utility room/kitchen to bedroom with en suite shower room above the garaging.
Gardens: The gardens are private with high hedges and bounded to one side by woodland. The southerly facing rear gardens have sweeping lawns bounded by colourful border shrubberies, a summer house, mature trees, a productive vegetable garden, a herb garden state of the art greenhouse, potting shed, soft fruit trees and log store. Splendid paved area for summer dining covered by a loggia, with sail sun screens over.
To the front there is a large area for parking a number of cars, and garage entrance. A small orchard with wild meadow flowers flanks the car parking area. Walk-through access to right of property with pretty lily pond.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.63 acre / 0.26 hectare
Local Facilities Upper Basildon is a sought-after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has playing fields, a football club, and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the village and/or the church centre.
For the equestrian enthusiast there are many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes' drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butcher, cheese shop, organic farm shop, delicatessen, supermarket, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs, and restaurants. There are also two very popular farm shops nearby at Vicars/Casey Fields Farm Shop at Ashampstead and Cobbs farm shop and café at Englefield.
Pangbourne station offers fast train links to London Paddington (40 mins), Oxford and Reading (Elizabeth Line).
Schools: There are plenty of schools in the area; Upper Basildon Primary School is within easy walking distance, and St Andrew's Preparatory School is only a few minutes' drive, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: With the Red Lion pub (RG8 8NG) on your right, continue along the Aldworth Road, and just after Bethesda Street, turn right into the private drive cul-de-sac and Robins Wood is the first property on the right-hand side.
Post Code: RG8 8NG
Services: Mains water, mains drainage, oil fired central heating, under floor heating with water filled pipes to the large kitchen/living room, underfloor heating to ground floor ensuite bathroom and principal bedroom wet room. High speed Gigaclear broadband connected.
EPC Rating: Band D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.