- Enormous potential, set in a stunning location
- Just over 2 acres of garden and paddocks
- Sought after village
- Beautiful far-reaching views
- Secluded, no near neighbours
- Catchment for The Downs School
- 2 nearby pubs
- Pangbourne Office: 0118 984 2662
Pangbourne village and station 7 miles ● Goring train station 4 miles ● A34 at East Ilsley 4 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 9 miles (all distances/timings approximate)
1,744 sq ft / 162 m²
Gardens & paddocks extending to 2.05 acres / 0.83 hectare
(all measurements are approximate)
A delightful 3 bedroom detached period cottage, in splendid order throughout, enjoying remarkably fine far-reaching views over natural countryside. Set in just over 2 acres and valuably unlisted.
Rookery Cottage enjoys high ceilings throughout, and has had comprehensive re-fitting and redecoration of recent times, to include a large modern family bathroom with Victorian style bath, and a separate shower room.
The property lies just outside Aldworth village with its famous pub The Bell, and stands amidst countryside of outstanding rural beauty and tranquillity. The views are splendid with the property enjoying a southerly aspect over natural rolling farmland into the distance.
* The property is valuably unlisted, giving huge potential for extension (subject to LAPP)
* Views from the ground and first floors of the property are fabulous on all sides
* High ceilings throughout
* Very pretty well-fitted modern kitchen with central island with granite preparation area, dishwasher, 4 ring Neff electric hob, fitted microwave, polished quarry tiled flooring, French doors leading directly onto the terrace of the rear gardens
* Sitting room has the original fireplace with bread oven, currently fitted with a wood burning stove and lightly beamed ceiling
* Dining room has the original open fireplace with bread oven and the ceiling is lightly beamed
* Modern timber constructed insulated garden studio with power, lighting and TV connection. Separated into 3 rooms which could be used as secondary accommodation or home office
* The modern bathrooms and cloakroom
* Private drive access with no maintenance charge
* This property has been in the same family ownership for 100 years
* Internal doors to the ground floor are naturally polished oak and to the first floor, in naturally polished pine
* Property overlooks its paddocks, gardens and pastureland on all sides
* Paddock is separated from the garden by the private drive, and in keeping with the rest of the land, is in good heart
* Primary double glazing and replacement windows
* Utility area with plumbing for washing machine
Summary of accommodation: Entrance porch, lobby/boot room, inner hall with utility area, cloakroom, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, 3 double bedrooms, large family bathroom, and shower room, timber constructed insulated garden studio.
Gardens: Mainly laid to lawn with some pretty herbaceous borders, mature holly, silver birch and the length of the far boundary, a splendid copse of mature trees, stone paved south facing terrace area for summer dining, herbaceous borders.
Timber garden machinery store, 2nd garden store, with power and lighting. Large parking area for 6-7 cars
Gardens, grounds and paddocks extending to 2.05 acres, 0.83 hectares
Note: John Deere ride on tractor mower will be included in the sale if required.
Local facilities: Aldworth has two famous pubs, the famous The Bell which has twice won National pub of the year, and The Four Points Inn is a traditional 17th Century which has been trading as a pub for over 350 years.
This small village has St Mary's church dating in parts back to 1200, lots of community groups, and the vaulted village hall hosts many events, including a Saturday market with local produce, and the playing field is home to the village cricket team.
Schools: Rookery Cottage is within the catchment area for The Downs Secondary School which is Ofsted rated 'Outstanding'. The same head also runs the Compton Primary School.
There are excellent schooling facilities within easy driving distance to include; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Downe House, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School and Elstree Preparatory School.
Directions: At the Four Points Pub on the edge of Aldworth (RG8 9RL) there is a staggered crossroads, turn into the road opposite the pub, signposted towards Compton, and half a mile along this road, where there are 2 traffic mirrors, turn into the private drive, and this is Rookery Cottage.
Post Code: RG8 9RT
Services: Mains water, electricity, modern septic tank drainage, oil fired central heating
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.