- Elegant ground floor apartment in a Victorian country house
- 2 bathrooms
- Fully fitted and integrated kitchen
- Single garage and parking
- Leasehold with a quarter share of the freehold.
- 2 bedrooms
- Spacious drawing room with open fireplace
- Private front door and private patio area.
- Communal gardens
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
3 miles from Pangbourne village centre & station ● M4 (junction 12) 8 miles ● Reading 8 miles ●
Newbury 13 miles
1132 sq ft / 105 m² (all measurements are approximate)
An elegant luxury 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, ground floor apartment, with private patio area, its own private entrance and enjoying superb views of the grounds. This property also has its own garage.
Streatley Hills House is a Victorian country house, believed to date back to 1720 with 18th and 19th century additions, converted into four self-contained apartments. The property combines the old with the new very effectively and the apartments enjoy wonderful views over natural countryside.
This is a light and spacious ground floor apartment, superbly fitted throughout, and is accessed through a private front door entrance. A very convenient place to live, Goring station is just 5 minutes' drive, and Pangbourne is 6 minutes' drive.
A leasehold property with the added benefit of owning a quarter share of the freehold of the building.
The property also offers good potential for investment buyers.
• Spacious drawing room with large bay window overlooking the grounds, open fireplace currently fitted with a wood burning stove
• Original features to include sash windows and a Victorian fireplace to bedroom 2
• Fully fitted and integrated kitchen to include washer/dryer, dishwasher, oven, hob, extractor, fridge/freezer
Summary of accommodation: Front door entrance, entrance hall, drawing room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite shower room to bedroom 1. Single garage. Security alarm system.
Gardens and grounds: Private patio for sole use of apartment 1. Communal gardens of just over half an acre. Single garage and parking.
Local facilities: Streatley Hills House is situated in a semi-rural location in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and near to many beautiful amenities. Basildon Park which is managed by the National trust has many fabulous walks within the grounds, a children's' play area and a superb tea room. Beale Park with its many animals and activities for children.
There are excellent sporting facilities at the nearby Royal Berkshire Shooting School, Streatley Hills Golf Club is just along the road. Within nearby Upper Basildon there is an excellent equestrian centre and lots of places that offer livery.
There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor and outdoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, and a 9 hole golf course.
This semi-rural location benefits from being just a few minutes' drive from the nearby Thames side villages of Pangbourne and Goring-on-Thames, which both offer a range of amenities including a splendid selection of independent award-winning specialist shops, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants.
Both Goring and Pangbourne stations offer fast train links to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City). Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 8 miles away. This property is also well situated for gaining access to the A34 and M40.
Schools: The property is within catchment of the sought-after The Downs School in Compton, as well as Streatley Primary School, and Upper Basildon Primary. Nearby there are excellent schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House Girls' School, Moulsford Preparatory and Senior School for boys, Downe House Girls' School and The Oratory Preparatory and Senior School.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn right; proceed out of the village towards Streatley on the A329. After passing a garage on the right, proceed along the road for a short while and the property will be found on the left-hand side, some 3 miles from Pangbourne.
Post Code: RG8 9NB
Tenure: Leasehold; 150 year lease from 25th March 2006, with a quarter share of the freehold.
Maintenance charge: is currently £200 pcm. This covers the cost of: buildings insurance, maintaining communal gardens and grounds, landscaping, septic tank emptying and maintenance, exterior window cleaning, exterior decorating, exterior lighting and management company accountants fee.
Services: Mains electricity, private water supply, septic tank drainage.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.