Price £249,000 - New Instruction
Walking distance to Pangbourne shops, amenities and station ● Walk to local pubs ● Reading 6 miles
517 sq ft / 48 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A unique luxury 1 bedroom apartment, part of a sympathetic conversion of a fine Edwardian property.
Set within the heart of this famous Thames side period village, this apartment benefits from having a fantastic outdoor roof terrace, large enough for a table and chairs, perfect for summer entertaining.
The whole apartment is very light, has been refurbished to a high standard to include a modern kitchen, bathroom, primary double glazing and a new boiler fitted.
● Large roof terrace offering excellent sought after outside space
● Spacious double aspect living room with study/dining area
● Excellent EPC rating with new boiler, double glazing and insulation
● Clever storage solutions including a loft space and shared cellar
● Off road parking
● Excellently fitted modern kitchen and shower room
Summary of accommodation: Hallway, large sitting room with dining area, fitted modern kitchen with gas hob, electric oven, fitted fridge, cupboards and drawers, 1 double bedroom, modern shower room, full gas fired central heating, new gas boiler in 2018, plenty of storage and cupboards, primary double glazing throughout, loft access, shared cellar space, private off road car parking, intercom phone. Large outdoor roof terrace.
Local facilities: The Mount is within easy walking distance of pubs The Greyhound and The Ferryboat Inn, Pangbourne village centre with its independent shops, supermarket, restaurants, doctors, etc. Pangbourne train station is only a 10 minute walk giving fast connections to London Paddington, Reading and Oxford. Whitchurch village primary school which has an outstanding record is a 5 minute walk.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left, left again at the mini roundabout and left again at the mini roundabout at The George Hotel. Proceed over the River Thames toll bridge and along the High Street. Turn right opposite the art gallery into Hardwick Road. Turn first right and this is the parking area for The Mount.
Post Code: RG8 7HW
Note: The freehold of The Mount is owned by the Mount Management Company Whitchurch Limited. All leaseholders within The Mount automatically become Directors of this company; each owns a share in the Management Company and therefore becomes part owner of the freehold. The Management Company, therefore, is controlled by the flat owners, as are all servicing arrangements. Service charges are set at the moment at £132 per month.
This service charge covers buildings insurance, the cleaning of the interior hallway, staircases, windows, etc., maintenance of communal lighting and heating to the hallway, cost of electricity and general management expenses; also includes the contract garden maintenance service which looks after all of the gravelled area of the car parking, flower beds and seasonal planting.
Rental income: £850 per calendar month (part furnished).
Services: Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, Band B
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- New gas boiler fitted July 2018
- Double aspect living room
- Excellent storage
- Ample parking
- Cellar storage
- Period Edwardian building
- Modern kitchen and shower room
- Large roof terrace
- Walk to Pangbourne and station (short cut to train past doctors surgery).
Nearest train stations (distances are in a straight line)
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.