- Three double bedrooms
- Rural peace
- Two bathrooms
- Westerly gardens
- Beautiful views
Within the catchment area for Downs school.
Only a 10 minute drive to the villages of Theale and Pangbourne, with mainline train stations that provide direct services to London Paddington ● Reading 11 miles ● Newbury 9 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 6 miles (all distances approximate)
1,275 sq ft / 118 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A pretty semi-detached 3 bedroom cottage of tremendous charm and character, situated in an outstanding period village, one of the most sought after in this part of the world, where rural peace, tranquillity and sleepy countryside is considered normal.
The important end cottage of three that were reconstructed from a period barn some 23 years ago, the property stands amongst a number of pretty period buildings and is next door to an outstanding country house recently beautifully restored. This is a high value village; not only is the property a good investment but a wonderful family home with spacious, well fitted character accommodation, modern kitchen and bathroom, and three double bedrooms.
The property faces south and enjoys the westerly sun in the evening for summer dining outside and barbecues.
The countryside surrounding Ashampstead has long been noted to be of outstanding rural beauty with a pretty village green to the left and the property overlooks both front and to the right, natural farmland to woodland in the distance.
No traffic really comes through Ashampstead unless visiting someone or something in the village. It is a wonderful location to enjoy the many footpaths and bridle paths.
● Fantastic farm shop selling vegetables, meat, fish, and delicatessen within walking distance
● Pretty modern double glazed conservatory with beech floor, windows on three sides taking full advantage of the pretty views, double doors giving access to the rear courtyard garden
● Large open plan kitchen/dining room
● Sitting room with an open fireplace with beam across, brick chimney breast and fitted with a Jetmaster wood burning stove, beams to the ceiling give added character and pretty views over the front garden
● A modern central heating system
● Stripped pine flooring throughout the reception hall
● Bedroom 1 has fitted wardrobes and a modern ensuite shower room
● Car parking to the rear, garage nearest to the property is owned by the property and has a pedestrian gate giving access from the rear garden
● Beautiful views both front and right
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, cloakroom, open plan kitchen/dining room with French doors onto the rear garden and conservatory, sitting room. First floor: 3 double bedrooms, bedroom 1 fitted with an extensive range of wardrobes and modern ensuite shower room, family bathroom with oval bath tub and antique style fittings. Single garage and off road parking.
Gardens and grounds: Gardens to front and rear secluded from the lane by high hedges approximately 90ft in depth, well maintained level lawns, lots of flowerbeds, fruit trees, ornamental trees, shrubs and hedging giving seclusion.
Local facilities: The pretty village of Ashampstead is set on high ground surrounded by countryside noted to be of outstanding rural beauty. The village farm shop provides provisions villagers would need and is within easy walking distance of the property, boasting a first class butcher, fishmonger, green grocer, delicatessen and a coffee shop. Local pubs include the The Bell at Aldworth and the country hotel/restaurant The Royal Oak at Yattendon, along with The White Hart in Hampstead Norreys.
The village hall is the centre of an excellent community life with all sorts of monthly events; Christmas bazaar, Christmas party, monthly pub night, theatre club, food fairs, bonfire night, barn dance, concerts and the village fete on the village green. Church Farm Cottage is also within easy walking distance of the village church.
Situated just 30 minutes from Newbury, 40 minutes from Reading, 15 minutes from M4 Junction 12 at Theale and approximately 10 minutes from Pangbourne. Pangbourne offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, a supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, and restaurants. The train station offers fast links to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading.
Bradfield College is only a short distance away and has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is currently open to public membership.
Schools: There are excellent schooling facilities within the area offering both public and private, primary and secondary education to include; Compton Church of England Primary School, Yattendon Church of England Primary School, The Downs School catchment area, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Moulsford Boys School, Cranford House, Downe House and The Oratory.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left, pass over the mini roundabout, turn first right at St James the Less Church into Pangbourne Hill signposted to Yattendon. Continue to the top of the hill, do not bear right to Upper Basildon, but continue until you reach a T-junction with woodland in front of you. Turn right and then immediately right again signposted to Ashampstead. After approximately 2 miles a signpost will be seen on the left directing to Ashampstead village, this is on a right hand bend. Turn left. Proceed up the hill into the village centre, passing the village green on the left, turn right into Chapel Lane and the driveway will be found on the left hand side. Park in front of the left hand garage, which is owned by the property.
Services: Mains water, electricity, drainage. Propane gas central heating.
Post Code: RG8 8RT
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.