- Detached 4 bedroom cottage
- Set in gardens and grounds of 2.1 acres (approx)
- Valuably unlisted
- Large detached garage
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
- In need of total refurbishment and modernisation
- Beautiful rural area, with privacy and seclusion
- Room to extend or for replacement subject to planning permission.
- Wonderful woodland and pastureland views
Pangbourne 5.5 miles ● Reading 10 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 6 miles ● Heathrow 50 minutes (all distances and timings are approximate)
1,689 sq ft / 157 m² (all measurements are approximate)
An attractive and valuably unlisted 4 bedroom detached cottage standing in 2.1 acres (approx.) In need of total refurbishment and modernisation.
Situated next to a peaceful rural lane within easy driving distance of Yattendon and Bradfield villages, overlooking pastureland to the front, and to the rear, overlooking both woodland and pastureland belonging to the property.
● Valuably unlisted
● Set in spacious gardens which surround the property, and set back from the lane
● The very beautiful rural area, this property enjoys seclusion and privacy.
● Plenty of room for extension, or replacement of existing dwelling subject to local authority planning permission.
● The 4 bedroom accommodation is situated on 2 floors, the second floor is an attic conversion which has windows, with a staircase from the landing
● Footpaths and bridle paths within easy access
Summary of accommodation: Entrance lobby, large reception hall, kitchen, living room, dining room both with open fireplaces, 4 bedrooms, bathroom to first floor, large landing, rear entrance lobby/utility area with door to shower room with WC. Large detached garage.
Gardens & Grounds including woodland and pastureland extending to 2.1 acres / 0.85 hectares (approximately). Gardens surrounding the property are bounded by pastureland owned by the property, with a field gate access to the land. Large detached garage.
Local facilities: Bradfield and Bradfield Southend have a wonderful vibrant community. In Bradfield Southend there is a community owned and run Village Store/Post Office, together with a cricket ground and a recreation ground. There is an excellent riding school, a village hall with all sorts of events and a children`s play area, floodlit tennis courts and a popular tennis club. A fine health centre is a short drive along the Avenue of Oaks.
Bradfield College has a fantastic sport complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership. Vicar`s farm shop is a short drive with its fine butchers, delicatessen, grocery section and fishmonger.
Yattendon village is nearby where there is a first rate and highly regarded primary school, the famous Country House Hotel & Restaurant; The Royal Oak, and The Yattendon Village Stores and Post Office.
The M4 Junction 12 at Theale is within easy driving access, as is M4 Junction 13. Reading and Newbury are equidistance and Pangbourne village is nearby with its tremendous selection of specialist shops and a train station.
There are a number of very good pubs in the area all offering good food; The Old Boot Inn and The Bull in Stanford Dingley, The Queen`s Head pub in Bradfield Southend, The Royal Oak in Yattendon and The Bladebone at Bucklebury.
Schools: Bradfield Church of England Primary School and the Montessori Primary School are nearby, as are Bradfield College and Pangbourne College. Downe House, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School and Elstree Preparatory School are all within easy driving distance.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout and turn first right at St James the Less Church. Proceed up Pangbourne Hill following the signs for Yattendon at the T-junction turn right and take the signpost directions for Yattendon, on approaching Yattendon you will see Scratchface lane on the left and a bus shelter, turn left here. Proceed along this road passing over the motorway, proceed further down the lane passing Greenacre and Lux Hall Farm on the left, the next property on the left is Speedwell Cottage.
Post Code: RG7 6DN
Services: Septic tank drainage, electric central heating with economy 7, borehole water supply from the neighbouring property
EPC Rating: G
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.