- 6 bedroom newly constructed country house
- Magnificent entrance hall
- 4 reception rooms
- Overlooking pastureland
- Oak framed car ports
- 5 bathrooms
- Media room
- A very spacious luxuriously fitted new build with electric gates
- Walk to pub, school, village hall, church
- 0118 9842662
Pangbourne shops & station 3 miles ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (Junc 12) 6 miles (all distances are approximate)
5,414 sq ft / 503 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid individually designed, newly constructed 6 bedroom country house.
Built and fitted to the highest standards by the respected local building company Bellmore Homes who have been responsible for the construction of a large number of new individually designed properties in Upper Basildon and the surrounding areas.
Just one of the special features is the fantastic 42ft kitchen with living and dining areas, directly overlooking and enjoying the fine rural views.
● Very large reception hall overlooked by the galleried landing with wide staircase rising to the first floor
● The splendid Charles York kitchen/breakfast room with dining and living areas. The kitchen is comprehensively fitted with marble and granite worksurfaces, twin porcelain bowl under mounted butler sinks, a fitted Rangemaster cooking unit, with 2 ovens, 4 ring ceramic hob over and extractor fan above. Porcelanosa ceramic tiled floor. Fitted American style Neff fridge/freezer with ice and water dispenser, Siemens stainless steel dishwasher, fitted Siemens microwave and a large island preparation unit with figured marble top and lots of drawers, a wine cooler and to one end an oval breakfast bar in oak. An extensive range of foldback doors giving access to the rear gardens and sun terrace for summer dining, and a further pair of French doors from the dining area onto the terrace
● The same marble worksurfaces continue through to the utility room
● High ceilings throughout
● Open fireplace to the drawing room
● Zoned underfloor central heating throughout, fuelled by Mitsubishi Ecodan air source heat pumps
● Double oak framed var ports with tiled pitch roof
● The property is extremely energy efficient with tremendous levels of insulation and the heating system ensures it is both economical to run and easy to maintain. EPC Band B – this is a very high energy efficiency banding for a detached dwelling.
● Bathrooms and shower rooms all fitted to the highest standards
● Main bedroom with double aspect, dressing room, ensuite bathroom with large shower, French doors fitted with secure Juliet balcony overlooking the rear pastureland
● South westerly facing rear garden, the sun from the side and rear all day long
● Very large galleried landing
● All bedrooms are double in size, 4 bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms
● A pair of remote controlled, electric 5 bar gates giving secure access to the forecourt
● Fully carpeted throughout
● Security system in place
● Blandys Lane is a very peaceful pretty semi-rural lane
Summary of accommodation: Large reception hall, drawing room, play room, cloakroom, study, kitchen/breakfast room with living and dining areas, utility room, large galleried landing, laundry cupboard, 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, the main bedroom with en suite and dressing room, 2 further suites, bedroom 6 en suite with dressing room to second floor, also a large media room. Detached oak frame car port for 2 cars with tiled pitch roof, large forecourt with car parking for a number of cars.
Gardens: landscaped to front and rear, side entrance, large stone paved patio
Local facilities: Upper Basildon is a much sought-after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has a football club and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the church centre and or the main church.
For the equestrian enthusiast there are many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes` drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butcher, cheese shop, organic farm shop, supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. Pangbourne station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City). Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 6 miles drive giving easy access to airports.
Schools: There are plenty of schools in the area; Upper Basildon Primary School and St Andrew`s Preparatory School is only a few minutes` drive, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout and turn right just past The Elephant Hotel at St James the Less Church. Proceed up Pangbourne Hill and just past Pangbourne College entrance, turn right signposted Upper Basildon. Proceed along this road until you pass the church on your right and fork right. Proceed along this road with the green on your left, keeping to the right-hand side and eventually you will enter Blandys Lane and the property will be found a short distance down on the left hand side.
Post Code: RG8 8PG
Services: Mains electricity, water, drainage. Under floor water filled central heating supplied by air source heat pumps, which also supplied the domestic hot water. 2 Mitsubishi ecodan air source heating system units give 17kw of powerful heating.
EPC Rating: Band B (87)
Local Authority : West Berkshire
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.