- Late Victorian detached cottage
- Valuably unlisted
- Overlooking pastureland to the rear
- Double Garage
- Three double bedrooms
- Marvellous gardens approx 0.6 acres
- Potential to improve or extend subject to planning
Pangbourne village & train station 7 miles ● Reading 10 miles ● Newbury 8 miles ● Thatcham train station 5 miles ● Heathrow 1 hour (all distances and timings approximate)
1,566 sq ft / 146 m² Gardens & Grounds: 0.6 acres / 0.2 hectares
(all measurements are approximate)
A late Victorian 3 bedroom cottage, once a pair of cottages converted during the 60s, with a number of more recent extensions. Entered from a private track with the cottage nestling on the side of its gardens which are extensive and informal, overlooking pastureland to the rear and bounded by Bucklebury Common.
Bucklebury Common has long been noted as one of the most beautiful and unspoilt areas in this part of the world. This is a sleepy, tranquil and very beautiful location with plenty of room and potential for extension and alteration subject local authority planning permission.
● Valuably unlisted
● Twin Cottage is well away from The Avenue, entered from a track through the common
● The property is in excellent decorative order throughout
● 3 double bedrooms
● The gardens are a wonderful feature, unusually large and there is plenty of potential here for improvement or extension subject to local authority planning permission
● Recently refitted kitchen/breakfast room with Neff electric oven, 4 ring ceramic hob, lots of cupboard and drawers, ceramic butlers sink and pantry cupboard
● All the windows have been replaced with primary double glazed units
● The area is well served with recreational pursuits and the surrounding countryside is renowned for its beautiful walks and riding
Summary of accommodation:
Entrance hall, rear entrance lobby, ground floor shower room/cloakroom, sitting room with wood burning stove, small study area, landing with large walk in wardrobe, 3 double bedrooms, balcony overlooking the gardens, modern well fitted bathroom with natural oak polished floor, double integral garage with electrically controlled up and over door.
Gardens and grounds: Marvellous unspoilt gardens with well-maintained lawns, mature flowerbeds and shrubberies. Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.6 acres / 0.2 hectares.
Local facilities: This area is known for fine restaurants and period pubs, just down the road is The Bladebone pub with an excellent restaurant, there is also a lovely tea room serving a fine range of cakes and snacks. There is a general store at Upper Bucklebury and a Post Office and general store at Southend Bradfield, both within a few minutes' drive. Stanford Dingley is a short distance by car with its famous 15th century pub, The Bull.
The village of Bucklebury, which is mentioned in the Doomsday Book, is positioned with extremely convenient road links to the M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour's drive. There are train stations within easy reach at Thatcham and Pangbourne giving good commuter access to Reading and London Paddington. It is a short drive to Newbury with its excellent shopping centre, leisure facilities and the well-known Newbury Racecourse. Yattendon village is just a couple of miles away with the famous country house hotel and restaurant; The Royal Oak, an excellent Post Office, large general store and a hairdresser.
For extra shopping and amenities, Pangbourne village is 15 minutes' drive and has a fabulous selection of award winning specialist shops, restaurants, riverside pubs, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre and 9-hole golf course.
Schools: Excellent schools abound within easy driving distance to include; Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Downe House, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School & Elstree Preparatory School. There is a C of E primary school at Upper Bucklebury.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, pass over the mini roundabout, pass out of the village, cross over the M4 and turn right signposted to Bradfield. Pass Bradfield College, at the T-junction with the War Memorial on your left, turn right. Drive through Bradfield Southend and onto the Avenue of Oaks, pass the turning to the left to Beenham, continue along The Avenue until you can see a 30mph sign ahead which also says Chapel Row. Before you get to the sign, turn left onto a gravel drive, go down the track, bear round to the right, pass 3 cottages on your left hand side and Twin Cottage will be found at the end of the track on the right hand side. We advise parking in small area of common land opposite Folly Cottage and walking to the property as the approach is quite narrow.
Post Code: RG7 6NT
Services: Mains water, electricity, oil fired central heating and septic tank drainage.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.