- Victorian terraced house
- Large kitchen/living room
- Period fireplace
- Village centre location
- Four bedrooms
- Modern shower room and bathroom
- Stripped pine flooring
- Pretty and spacious gardens
Walking distance to station, shops and schools. Reading 6 miles, M4 (junc 12) 10 minutes` drive
(all distances and timings are approximate)
House 1,379 sq ft / 128 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A very attractive Victorian terraced house set within the heart of this sought after village. With easy level walking distance to the village centre with its shops, schools and station. At the end of the road are the river meadows and recreation grounds with its football pitch, tennis courts, children`s play area and easy access to the River Thames with wonderful riverside walks. The property is in excellent order throughout.
Special features: ● Replacement primary double glazed windows throughout with pretty plantation shutters to most windows ● A large kitchen/living room with lantern skylight over and French doors leading to the sun terrace and gardens ● The kitchen area is well fitted with an attractive range of cream painted cupboard and drawers units. 4 ring gas hob with extractor, double electric oven, dishwasher and butlers sink ● The reception hall is spacious with original pine naturally polished flooring ● The double French doors give access to the sitting room with attractive bay window and a very pretty period style fireplace with open fire and raised hearth ● Original pine flooring continues into the sitting room from the reception hall ● Modern fitted shower room and bathroom ● Accommodation on three floors with a large bedroom on the second floor ● Plenty of on-street car parking ● Pretty and spacious gardens to rear with well-maintained lawns and a rear gate to a footpath leading to the road
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, cloakroom/shower room, sitting room with open fire, large kitchen/living room, 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, full gas fired central heating.
Local facilities and schools: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a wonderful selection of independent shops, a supermarket, doctors, library, health centre, hairdressers, pubs and fine restaurants. It offers superb transport links with a fast mainline train service to Oxford, Reading and London Paddington as well as buses to local areas. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only five minutes driving distance. The River Thames and the River Pang run through the village. Excellent schools are to hand with Pangbourne College just up the road; Bradfield College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School are all within easy driving distance,. Pangbourne Primary School is in the village, which has foundation stage 1 and the village is also within the catchment area for Theale Green School and has a school bus pick.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. At the next mini roundabout turn left at The George Hotel, under the railway bridge and turn first right into Thames Avenue and the number 20 will be found half way down on the right hand side.
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity and gas.
Post Code: RG8 7BU
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire Council, Tax Band D
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.