- Linked detached country house
- Three bathrooms
- Spacious garden room
- South facing garden
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
- Four bedrooms
- Beautifully fitted kitchen/breakfast room
- Communal 3 acre green
- Garage and parking
Pangbourne 4.5 miles ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (Junc12) 4 miles ● Theale train station 3.5 miles - travel time to London Paddington 45 minutes
(all distances and timings are approximate)
2,157 sq ft / 200 m² (all measurements are approximate)
This is a beautifully fitted property in a prime location, set towards the end of this very pretty close of Victorian style houses with views from the rear over natural pastureland.
A tastefully decorated and fitted linked detached country house which the present owners have enhanced with the introduction of a play room, and an extension and total refitting some two years ago of the kitchen/breakfast room. Previous additions include a spacious garden room.
Wayland Close is an exclusive residential close, once the site of a Victorian hospital, part of which at the front has been retained as a single dwelling. The style of the remainder of the houses in the close is taken from this delightful period and the close has only 17 individually designed homes constructed approximately 20 years ago to exacting standards by the well-known firm of builders, Martin Grant.
Situated in a very peaceful, secluded and private position within the heart of this very exclusive modern small development, with private road access and farmland on all sides.
The property will be just as suitable for a family or professionals as it would be as a second home. It is very safe for children and pets as it is positioned almost at the end of this peaceful private no through road and opposite the access for the 3 acre communal green.
● The luxurious and beautifully fitted 2 year old kitchen
● French doors from both the kitchen/breakfast room and the garden room leading directly to the south facing rear garden
● The very pretty garden room which leads to a decked summer dining terrace and BBQ area
● Highly polished oak flooring to the family room/sitting room and dining room areas
● Pretty bay window to the sitting room
● Open fire presently fitted with a modern propane fuelled coal effect fire
● Plantation shutters to doorway and windows in breakfast room and play room
● Ceramic flagged limestone flooring from the reception hall leading through into the kitchen/breakfast room and utility room
● Very pretty decked balcony for bedroom 1, with views to the side overlooking farmland
● Across the close is a 3 acre communal green maintained under the service charge, with access for all the properties providing a wonderful area for children, birthdays, games, etc, and is for use only by the residents of Waylands Close
● Useful study area to one end of the large landing with a window overlooking the front
Summary of accommodation:
Reception hall, sitting room with large dining area, playroom, large kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, large garden room, cloakroom, 4 bedrooms, 2 with ensuite shower rooms, family bathroom, large southerly balcony with rural views from bedroom 1, first floor study area, single attached garage, further car parking.
Luxurious and beautifully fitted 2 year old kitchen with quartz working surfaces, Villeroy & Boch double bowl sink unit with adjustable mixer tap, Neff ceramic hob, glazed hood over, Neff double oven/microwave, heated drawer under, fitted fridge/freezer, fitted wine cooler, fitted dishwasher, large glazed china cabinet with interior lighting, island breakfast bar and preparation area.
Garden: Very pretty established south facing garden with terrace area for summer dining.
Note: Maintenance charge currently £1,035 per annum to include drainage, third party insurance, access road, communal gardens including the 3 acre field, electricity for street lighting. Each property is responsible for all costs relating to their building and their private/individual gardens.
This area is known for fine restaurants and period pubs. Just down the road is The Bladebone pub with an excellent restaurant and summer garden and the Blackbird Café. There is a general store at Upper Bucklebury and a Post Office and general store at Southend Bradfield, both within a few minutes drive. Stanford Dingley is a short distance by car with the 15th century pub, The Bull. Round the corner is the Royal Oak at Yattendon, an internationally known country house hotel and fine restaurant.
Newbury and Reading are equidistant. Thatcham is only a short distance away with a Waitrose and a further selection of shops. Pangbourne is about a 10 minute drive with a wonderful selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, pet shop, hardware store, riverside pubs and fine restaurants.
There are excellent rail connections to Reading and London Paddington within easy driving distance and with parking facilities at Theale, Pangbourne and Thatcham stations. Theale to London Paddington is only a 45 minute train journey. The M4 Junction 12 at Theale connecting to London and Heathrow is only a 4 miles drive.
The Sports Centre & Tennis Complex at Bradfield is 5 minutes drive away with its fabulous indoor swimming pool, indoor tennis courts, squash and fitness centre open to public membership. For the equestrians there are riding schools in the area with lots of bridle paths through marvellous farmland and Bucklebury Common. There is polo on the Englefield Estate only 10 minutes away. Golf courses at Streatley, The Springs, Badgemore, Calcot, Sanford Springs and Bradfield.
Schools abound within easy driving distance to include Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Downe House, St Gabriels for girls, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Schools, Elstree Preparatory School and Theale Green Secondary School.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left. Proceed over the mini roundabout, passing the front of The Copper Inn, and leave the village of Pangbourne in the direction of the A4. Pass over the M4 and then turn first right towards Bradfield. Pass through the heart of Bradfield, past the College, until you come to a War Memorial on a sloping T-junction. Turn left, proceed along the lane and turn left into Waylands at the large old house on the front, bear to the left and past the two gate lodges. Turn right and the property will be found almost at the end of the drive on the right hand side.
Services: Mains water, electricity, shared private drainage, modern electric ceiling and underfloor heating, propane fuelled fire.
Post code: RG7 6AG
West Berkshire Council. Tax Band: G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN. Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.