- Detailed planning permission for 7,300 sq ft Eco-friendly Country House
- 4 double bedrooms
- Kitchen/dining room
- Gardens and grounds of 1.1 acres with uninterrupted views
- Detached bungalow enjoying magnificent views
- 2 bathrooms
- Large detached barn/outbuilding
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
Pangbourne 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Reading / Newbury 8 miles ● Theale Station 7 miles (all mileages/distance are approximate)
2,757 sq ft / 256 m² (main house 1,850 sq ft, outbuilding 907 sq ft)
Gardens extending to 1.1 acres / 0.4 hectare
(all measurements are approximate)
Detailed planning permission for 7,300 sq ft / 678 sq m replacement dwelling.
A 4 bedroom detached bungalow enjoying a magnificent location with wonderful far-reaching southerly views over National Trust land. The property is entered from the famous Avenue of Oaks through land belonging to the Bucklebury Common, noted for its outstanding beauty. This is an idyllic location enjoying peace and rural tranquillity.
The property was built in the 1980s and has undergone some modernisation and refurbishment of recent years with a large modern fitted kitchen/living room, enjoying the full benefit of the magnificent views.
Summary of accommodation:
Reception hall, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, inner hall, utility room, 4 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large detached barn/outbuilding.
Gardens and grounds: The gardens are presently informal, mainly laid to lawn, with some ornamental and fruit trees and uninterrupted views.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 1.1 acres / 0.4 hectare.
There is detailed planning permission in place for a 7,300 sq ft, state-of-the-art, 5 bedroom eco-friendly luxury country house, designed to blend into the environment and make the most of the stunning views towards the rolling hills in the distance.
The new house accommodation would comprise of; 4/5 reception rooms to include a cinema room, a spectacular dining room and a fantastic kitchen/breakfast/family living room, south facing landscaped grounds, 5 bedrooms, 5 bath/shower rooms, the main bedroom suite is 36 foot in width with a dressing room, bathroom, lounge area, and balcony offering wonderful south-facing tree top views. There will be separate access to staff/guest accommodation, comprising of a vaulted living/bedroom with ensuite.
It should be noted that if there was a requirement for the construction of a smaller new property on the site, it is understood this might be possible subject top application to the local authority planning department.
1. Planning consent number: 17/02266/FUL
2. Further woodland may be acquired on a long leasehold from the Lord of the Manor, Mr Hartley Russell of Bucklebury Estate.
Local facilities: This area is known for fine restaurants and period pubs and just down The Avenue is the Gastro Pub of the Year 2017; The Bladebone, with its excellent restaurant, there is also a lovely tea room serving a fine range of cakes and snacks; The Blackbird Cafe. There is a general store at Upper Bucklebury and a Post Office and general store at Southend Bradfield, both within a few minutes` drive. Stanford Dingley is a short distance by car with its famous 16th century pub, The Old Boot Inn.
The village of Bucklebury, which is mentioned in the Doomsday Book, is positioned with extremely convenient road links to the M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour`s drive. There are train stations within easy reach at Thatcham and Pangbourne giving good commuter access to Reading and London Paddington. It is a short drive to Newbury with its excellent shopping centre, leisure facilities and the well-known Newbury Racecourse. Yattendon village is just a couple of miles away with the famous country house hotel and restaurant; The Royal Oak.
For extra shopping and amenities, Pangbourne village is 15 minutes` drive and has a fabulous selection of award-winning specialist shops, restaurants, riverside pubs, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre and 9-hole golf course.
Schools: Excellent schools abound within easy driving distance to include; Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Downe House, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School & Elstree Preparatory School. There is a C of E primary school at both Upper Bucklebury and Bradfield.
Directions: From Bradfield Southend, head onto the Avenue of Oaks and the property will be found on the left hand side - look for the Singleton & Daughter for sale board.
Post Code: RG7 6NJ
Services: Mains electricity, mains water, oil fired central heating, septic tank drainage.
EPC Rating: F
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band H
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale. 2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them: 3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor. 4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn. FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.