Guide Price £565,000 - Under Offer
Walking distance to station, shops and schools. Reading 6 miles, M4 (junc 12) 10 minutes` drive
(all distances and timings are approximate)
1,104 sq ft / 103 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A very pretty Victorian semi-detached 3 bedroom house set in a prime location at the end of the highly sought after Thames Avenue, with pretty views from the first and second floor windows over the well-maintained recreation fields to the wooded countryside in the distance.
15 Thames Avenue has been the subject of a tasteful and thorough refurbishment and modernisation programme, and is in excellent decorative order throughout. The property lies adjacent to, and has access to, the recreation area, the children`s playground, bowling club, football pitch and tennis courts. There is also access to the very beautiful Pangbourne Meadows which are open to the public with access to the River Thames.
This is a very peaceful spot with little traffic going past, except for a couple of houses at the end of this close and the recreation ground. Within easy level walking distance to the village centre with its fabulous selection of specialist shops, local schools, doctors, pubs, restaurants and station.
● There are pretty landscaped gardens with lawns, flowerbeds and fruit trees to the rear with a large paved patio for summer dining and towards the end, a good sized garden store
● A pretty covered porch to the newly fitted glazed panelled traditional front door
● The sitting room has a Victorian style fireplace with hearth fitted with coal effect gas fire, the flooring is in polished natural oak, a pretty bay window overlooks the front garden
● The entrance hall has polished natural oak flooring which continues into the kitchen/breakfast room
c Kitchen/breakfast room is fitted with a stainless steel 5 ring gas hob unit with extractor over, wide working surfaces in polished oak, pretty fitted oak breakfast table, lots of cupboards and drawers, double bowl stainless steel fitted sink unit, Neff double electric oven with grill, window overlooking the rear garden, door to built-in pantry
● Family/dining room with lots of fitted bookshelves, windows to side and sliding patio door giving access and views over the pretty rear gardens
● Traditional to this period of property there are high ceilings throughout
● The bedrooms are spacious set over two floors with a large beautifully fitted family bathroom with shower, and an ensuite shower room to bedroom 1 on the second floor with a pair of dorma windows directly overlooking the playing fields and wooded countryside to the distance
● All the windows have been replaced in a traditional design
Summary of accommodation: Entrance hall, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, family/dining room, 3 bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite shower room to bedroom 1, on street parking
Gardens: Pretty, well-maintained landscaped gardens with lawn, flowerbeds and fruit trees to the rear with a large paved patio for summer dining and towards the end, a good sized garden store
Note. The loft conversion is guaranteed to 2026.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows offering wonderful walks, a children`s play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing and climbing instruction.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash courts, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas.
Excellent schools: Within easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. At the next mini roundabout turn left at The George Hotel, under the railway bridge and turn first right into Thames Avenue and number 15 will be found at the far end facing you
Post Code: RG8 7BY
Services: Mains electricity, water, drainage, gas fired central heating.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Victorian semi-detached house
- Two bathrooms
- High ceilings and period features
- Central village location
- Three Bedrooms
- Tastefully refurbished and excellent decorative order
- Pretty landscaped gardens
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.