Guide Price £770,000 - Available
Walking distance to local schools ● Tilehurst station 1.5 miles ● Pangbourne 2.5 miles ● Reading 4 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 3 miles ● Easy access to local shops
Planning permission achieved for reconstruction and extension for a single dwelling –
3,722 square feet / 345.8 sq m gross area.
1.971 sq ft / 183 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
Gardens and grounds: extending to approximately 1.36 acres (approx.)
Set in a wonderful semi-rural location, a 4 bedroom detached bungalow with a number of outbuildings.Well set back from the road, overlooking to the front Sulham Woods and to the rear, open fields as far as the eye can see. This must be one of the last large undeveloped plots within the Sulham/Tilehurst area.
This property is suitable for renovation, reconstruction or redevelopment subject to local authority planning permission, and already has in place a planning permission for the conversion and extension of the existing property. This would incorporate a number of the outbuildings to create an attractive 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom chalet style house with a large kitchen/living room and sitting room 3,722 square feet / 345.8 sq m gross area.
(see separate plans for the details).
The grounds to Mud House are mainly laid to lawn and surround the property with a vehicular and pedestrian entrance drive with circular turnaround. There is a splendid copse of mature oak to the far right.
There are footpaths adjacent which give wonderful walks across open farmland and there are further footpaths giving access to Sulham Woods within walking distance.
There is easy driving access to a number of supermarkets including Waitrose, and many more shops and facilities at the Triangle shopping area in Tilehurst and just a few minutes` drive from Pangbourne with its riverside pubs, restaurants and amenities.
● The wonderful plot, with enormous potential to include the present planning permission for conversion and extension
● Large gardens which surround the property and overlook unspoilt farmland to the rear and Sulham woods to the front, to include the ancient oaken copse
● Extensive range of outbuildings
Summary of present accommodation: 4 bedrooms, sitting room, kitchen, ensuite bathroom to bedroom 1, shower room, 3 large sheds, a wood store and a double garage.
Gardens and grounds: mainly laid to lawn, stretching all the way around with a circular turnaround entrance drive. There is a splendid copse of mature oak.
Extending to approximately 1.36 acres
Local facilities: Within minutes` walk of Sulham Woods on the Tilehurst/Sulham borders and within a good school catchment area. Benefitting from local amenities at Tilehurst, Purley and Pangbourne. The River Thames and Mapledurham lock are nearby, as are amenities, shops, and all major supermarkets. Tilehurst provides fast commuter trains to London Paddington, with Reading soon to provide Crossrail access to the City.
There is a marina in Purley on Thames for the boating enthusiast, and lovely walks to be enjoyed in nearby Sulham woods.
Schools: Easy access and walking distance to Downsway Primary School, Little Heath Secondary School and Denefield School. Easily accessed by car there is Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House, Queen Anne`s and Moulsford Preparatory School.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left and pass through the village of Pangbourne towards Reading on the A329. Upon entering Purley turn right at the traffic lights, into Long Lane. Proceed along this road, passing Long Lane Primary School and Denefield School. At the roundabout, go straight over towards Sulham. Proceed a few hundred yards and turn first right, this is a continuation of Long Lane. At the T-junction, there will be various signs, including a road sign for Sulham Hill. The entrance to the Mud House is immediately on the right hand side of the Sulham Hill sign.
Post Code: RG31 5UB
1. Planning permission: Alterations to the existing building to include a horizontal link extension between the existing dwelling and the existing detached conversion of garage/workshop for habitable accommodation. Decision issue date 28/9/17. Plans available at the offices of Singleton and Daughter Estate Agents.
2. Trees : There are tree preservation orders on a number of the mature trees on the plot.
3. Water : It is understood that the private water supply to the property comes from a bore hole, but that the pump will need replacing. The local engineers for this type of work are Allsebrook Pumps 01491 680628.
4. The property is set in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
5. It is understood that the Local Authority – West Berkshire Council will allow a one for one replacement dwelling on the site subject to a further planning application.
Tenure : Freehold
Services : Electricity, oil fired central heating, private water supply, septic tank drainage.
EPC Rating : E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Planning permission in place for conversion and extension
- Extensive range of outbuildings
- Overlooking open fields to the rear
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
- Wonderful plot approx 1.36 acres
- Currently a 4 bedroom bungalow
- A wonderful opportunity
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.