- Spacious modern bungalow
- Wonderful rural location
- Enormous potential
- Security system
- Single garage
- Four bedrooms
- Stunning views and set on high ground
- Double glazing
- Large garden
4 bedroom detached bungalow with enormous potential, enjoying stunning far reaching views
Pangbourne 9 miles, Newbury 6 miles, Reading 10 miles, Midgham station 2 miles
(all distances approximate)
1,622 sq ft / 151 m² Gardens 0.24 acres / 0.10 hectares
(all measurements are approximate)
Description: A substantial modern detached 4 bedroom bungalow within the heart of this pretty semi-rural village.
Spacious family accommodation in a large garden with pretty views directly to the rear over open fields sloping gently down to the very beautiful parkland of Midgham House, and to the rear on the right hand side is the ancient Midgham church.
Hambledown is set high, enjoying the full benefit of these lightly wooded panoramic views, which are truly outstanding.
The boundaries of the property to the front are part walled and gated and secure, the whole garden is fenced and wired to protect family and domestic pets.
The community of Midgham is recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086.
● Light, bright accommodation
● The large gravelled forecourt with 5 bar gate, giving access to the garage and further car parking for several cars
● A peaceful lane
● The wonderful rural location
● Extraordinarily fine and far reaching views
● Property is in good decorative order
● Modern kitchen with excellent range of high and low level oak units
● Electrolux double oven, Beko 4 ring ceramic hob with extractor over, stainless steel 1½ bowl single drainer inset sink unit
● Plumbing for dishwasher
● Modern oil fired central heating
● Security system
● Primary double glazing throughout (except boot room)
● Tremendous potential for improvement, extension or redevelopment subject to local authority planning permission
Summary of accommodation:
Spacious entrance hall, French door to garden, inner hall, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom, large sitting room with open fire, large living room with French door to garden, large boot room/possible utility room, 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite shower room, single attached garage with oil tank to rear.
Garden: Mainly laid to lawn with large sun terrace and secure dog kennel area. Gardens extending to 0.24 acres / 0.10 hectares.
Whilst Hambledown enjoys rural seclusion, peace and tranquillity, it is still within easy driving distance of the thriving commercial centres of Newbury and Reading, both providing excellent shopping and leisure, therefore making it a very convenient place to live. The M4 is just a few miles away and provides easy vehicular access to London and the West Country. Midgham train station is approximately 2 miles away, which gives fast train connections to Reading and London Paddington. Just along the A4 is Thatcham which boasts a fine selection of shops including a Waitrose supermarket.
Midgham has a village green and a village hall, and a short distance down Church Hill is The Coach & Horses pub which serves excellent food. The Angel Restaurant in Woolhampton has an excellent reputation and other pubs and restaurants in the area include The Bladebone at Chapel Row, The Boot Inn at Stanford Dingley, The Royal Oak at Yattendon, and The Pot Kiln at Frilsham, with many serving a range of award winning real ales from West Berkshire Brewery. There is a wonderful sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. Bradfield College also has a 9 hole golf course and membership is available. This is fabulous riding country with lots of bridle paths.
Schools: The local area offers an excellent range of both private and state schools making it an ideal choice for families; these include primary schools in Woolhampton and St Finian`s in Cold Ash, Elstree, St Andrews, Marlston and Brockhurst and secondary schools at The Kennet, Downe House, Bradfield College, Pangbourne College Kendrick School for girls, and Reading School for boys.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, proceed out of the village, passing over the M4 motorway and eventually arriving at the roundabout junction with the A4. Turn right onto the A4 towards Newbury, proceed along through Woolhampton and take the turning signposted Midgham ½ mile which is directly beside a telephone box, and as you turn right you will find the Coach and Horse pub on your left. This is Church Hill, proceed up the hill, passing Midgham Village Hall on your right, eventually passing the ancient church of St Matthews on your right. Continue straight ahead on School Hill, do not turn into Birds Lane, but continue straight ahead and Hambledown will be the 3rd house on the right hand side.
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity and oil fired central heating.
Post Code: RG7 5UJ
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire. Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.