- Planning permission for a property of 4,000 sq ft/371 m² (approx)
- Outbuildings approx 7,724 sq ft/438 m² (approx)
- Option to purchase 20 acres of woodland
- Gardens and Pastureland approx 6.2 acres (approx)
- Pangbourne shops and station 3 miles
Planning permission for a new dwelling with pastureland and substantial out buildings, pretty woodland views, situated in a tranquil, beautiful and sleepy rural location with private drive access well away from the highway.
Pangbourne shops & train station 3 miles ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (Junc 12) 6 miles
Lot 1 with planning permission for a property of 4,000 sq ft / 371 sq m (approximately).
Gardens and pastureland extending to 6.2 acres/ 2.5 hectares
Out buildings: of 7,724 sq ft / 438 m² plus ménage (all measurements are approximate)
It should be noted West Berkshire Council planning permission application number : 17/ 03374 / FULD granted 9th February 2018 shown as Plot 2
An option to purchase Lot 3, 20 acres of woodland, which has a large crop of Douglas Fir which is approximately 50 years old and there could be an inheritance tax-free benefit to this woodland - further details available on request. Price Guide £350,000
A rare and exciting opportunity to acquire a residential planning plot, enjoying full and detailed planning permission for a 4 bedroom house in an outstanding modern classical design, within an area of natural beauty on very beautiful level plots bounded by woodland.
Each property enjoys extensive pastureland and out buildings.
Planning permissions for a new build of this quality of design, with generous acreage are almost impossible to find in this part of the world.
It is hard to imagine a more tranquil and beautiful and sleepy rural location, yet only a few minutes` drive from excellent schools, the centre of Pangbourne with its excellent facilities, amenities and station. Fast commuter trains to London Paddington are available, and Reading is soon to have Crossrail which will link this area to the City, which is sure to have a positive effect on property prices in this area
● The large gardens and pastureland which surround the properties
● The spacious family accommodation
● The outstanding design and large square footage
● The pretty views
● The lounge with open fireplace
● The large reception hall and landing
● Large family bathroom and 2 ensuite shower rooms
● The option to purchase 20 acres of adjoining woodland
1. There is an access by way of a long drive from the Pangbourne Road. Lot 1 will own the freehold of the driveway. Lot 2 will be granted a right of way over the driveway, and Lot 1 and 2 will have a joint responsibility to maintain.
2. There is adjacent mains water stop cock, with water meter just before the highway.
3. There is also an adjacent connection to mains drainage, this would need a separate 3. There is also an adjacent connection to mains drainage, this would need a separate pump which is understood to cost approx. £700.
4. There will be an overage clause on the land in view of future development which will be 60/40% on the difference between pastureland and development land with an overage clause duration of 25 years.
5. The detailed planning permission application 17/3374/FULD submitted on 5th December 2017 was approved on the 9th February 2018 and therefore the development approved shall begin before the expiration of 3 years from the date of the permission.
6. There will be a further temporary right of way granted by the vendor from Knappswood Close to allow heavy plant and delivery vehicles access to the site.
7. It is advised that the hope value for the land is very much in the future and there is no immediate possibility for development over the land.
8. The plots can be individually purchased with an acre each with an option to purchase further pastureland if required.
9.Plans may be viewed at the vendor`s agent`s office; Singleton and Daughter Estate Agents.
Local facilities: Upper Basildon is a much sought after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has a football club and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the church centre and or the main church.
For the equestrian enthusiast there is a large livery yard with many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes` drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. Pangbourne station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City). Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 6 miles drive giving easy access to airports.
Schools: There are plenty of schools in the area; Upper Basildon Primary School is within walking distance, St Andrew`s Preparatory School is only a few minutes` drive, as are Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and Brockhurst & Marlston House Schools. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout, pass The Elephant Hotel, turning first right at St James the Less Church. Proceed up Pangbourne Hill until you see a sign just after the entrance to Pangbourne College to Upper Basildon. Turn right. Proceed along the Pangbourne Road past Morrisson Close and shortly along on the left hand side you will see a sign for Knappswood Farm and a long private drive – turn in here and the property will be found at the end of the drive.
Post Code: RG8 8LN
Services: Mains water, electricity, septic tank drainage, oil fired central heating.
Local Authority: West Berkshire
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.