- Victorian terraced cottage
- Well fitted kitchen/breakfast room
- Dining room with French doors to garden
- Pretty secluded gardens
- Excellent walks and local village pub nearby
- 3 double bedrooms
- Sitting room with Parquet floor and open fireplace
- Spacious bathroom and downstairs shower/ WC
- Ample parking to front & single garage in a block
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
Pangbourne 1 mile ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 3 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive ● Englefield primary school 4 minutes` drive (all distances are approximate)
1,443 sq ft / 134 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A very pretty 3 bedroom Victorian terrace cottage, situated in a peaceful no-through lane in the heart of the village, just across the road from the ancient church of St Laurence.
Walking distance to the village green with its children`s play area, the village pub The Greyhound, which is a pretty thatched building offering a restaurant and outside seating area, and there are many footpaths giving delightful walks through countryside of outstanding natural beauty.
The property is in good decorative order throughout and has been well-maintained by the present owners. To the front there is off-road parking and to the rear there is a sunny southerly facing garden with a summer dining terrace, lawn and herbaceous borders. There is a single garage owned by the property in a separate block.
● The reception hall with its original polished hardwood parquet flooring
● Well fitted kitchen/breakfast room with room for a table and seating, lots of high and low level cupboards and drawers, wide well-maintained golden oak working surfaces with a ceramic 4 ring hob, stainless steel extractor over, fitted Electrolux stainless steel double oven and grill, fitted dishwasher, double bowl stainless steel and drainer sink unit, fitted store cupboard which also contains the oil fired boiler supplying heating and hot water, ceramic tiled flooring and room for a large fridge/freezer
● Opposite the kitchen is a large utility/ironing room with plumbing for washing machine and vent for tumble dryer, a number of further cupboards and work surfaces
● The sitting room has a fine polished hardwood parquet floor, an open fireplace with beam across, double doors give access to the dining room
The dining room overlooks the rear gardens with French doors giving access to the rear sun terrace, this room is light and bright with skylights in the ceiling. There is a further door giving access to a shower room and WC
● Windows throughout have been replaced with primary double glazing
● There is an entrance lobby to the reception hall with plenty of room for coats and boots to be stored
● The first floor has 3 double bedrooms, with lots of fitted wardrobes to bedrooms 1 and 2
● The bathroom is spacious and very pretty with a Victorian style tub and separate shower unit
● Gardens to the rear are very pretty and secluded
● Parking to the front of the property, with single garage in a separate block
Summary of accommodation: Entrance lobby, kitchen/breakfast room, laundry/ironing room, spacious sitting room with open fireplace, dining room overlooking and accessing the rear garden, cloakroom with shower, 1st floor 3 double bedrooms, large bathroom, single garage.
Gardens: Sunny southerly secluded rear garden with a summer dining terrace, lawn and herbaceous borders.
Local facilities: Tidmarsh has a nice village pub; The Greyhound and is situated very close to the neighbouring villages of Pangbourne and Theale. Nearby Englefield has a lovely village garden centre incorporating a village store and cafe, there is also a cricket team, a social club and church.
Nearby Pangbourne offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, a supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. The station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City).
Schools: Tidmarsh is within easy reach of the sought-after Englefield Primary School. St Andrew`s Preparatory School is only a few minutes` drive, as are Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and Brockhurst & Marlston House Schools. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left passing The Elephant hotel, proceed into Tidmarsh and opposite The Greyhound public house on the left, village green on the right, opposite the church on the left Manor Farm Lane will be found on the right, the property is along on the left hand side.
Post Code: RG8 8EY
Services: Oil fired central heating, mains water and electricity, septic tank drainage.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.