Guide Price £1,250,000 - Sold
M4 (junction 12) 1.5 miles ● Theale 3 miles ● Reading train station 3 miles ● Pangbourne 4 miles ● Oxford 25 miles ● Heathrow 30 miles (all distances approximate)
4,635 sq ft / 431 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A handsome modern 5 bedroom house set in an exclusive securely gated close of only 7 properties. Set on high ground enjoying magnificent far reaching southerly views over the fairways and grounds of Calcot Golf Club and into the far distance.
Designed and built in 2009 by the well-known and respected national building company Millgate Homes, recognised for their outstanding attention to detail and quality of construction.
This is an elegant house enjoying lots of light. All the rooms including the reception hall and bedrooms are large and the property as a whole has high ceilings. This is without doubt a wonderful family home, beautifully fitted and located within easy distance of excellent schooling, shopping facilities and transport links.
The property is extremely energy efficient, and includes a very high level of insulation, substantial soundproof concrete flooring and wonderful golden oak joinery throughout.
Solar panels were installed in 2011, the ownership of which will be transferred to the new owners. This is generating a yearly average of 4101 kwh of electricity which ensures this property is extremely economical to run.
● The wonderful views over the grounds of Calcot Golf Club into the distance from the rear of the house and garden
● A large balcony gives wonderful views from the ground floor with access from the kitchen/living room
● Very pretty landscaped gardens to front and rear
● The splendid kitchen/living room fitted to the highest standards with central island. Siemens fitted appliances include; a 5 ring gas hob, stainless steel chimney extractor over, American style fridge/freezer with ice and water dispenser, dishwasher, twin electric ovens with grill and microwave. Highly polished cream silestone working surfaces, with under mounted twin stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and waste disposal unit, an extensive range of high and low level cupboards and drawers, china cabinets and pull-out pantry units. There is access from the kitchen area to a large utility room
● Spacious sitting room has a fireplace with an elegant mantle and surround, fitted with a Chesneys wood burning stove
● The dining room could also be used as a TV room if so desired
● Master bedroom suite has an excellent well-flitted dressing room with a large ensuite bathroom with shower
● There is Daikin air conditioning fitted to 5 bedrooms
● Large reception hall
● Lower ground floor could be used as a self-contained annexe for relatives or au-pair; there are 2 large rooms, a sitting room and a further room presently used as a study/gym. Both rooms have large French doors giving views into the far distance and opening directly to the paved patio area for summer dining. There is a lower ground entrance hall, a large shower room
● A double garage with an access door from the kitchen/living room, with twin roll back remote control panelled doors, the garage also holds the water softener and twin gas fired boilers
● There is a very useful large store room/workshop with access from the exterior, this room is fully insulated, damp proof with insulated dry lined walls, with power, lighting and painted floor
● The property directly overlooks the wooded grounds of the Calcot Golf Club which has a lake and is home to all sorts of flora and fauna, including roe deer which can usually be seen grazing in the distance
● The high security electrically gated entrance to the close
Note 1. The solar panels are owned by the vendors and ownership would transfer to the new owners. The panels were installed in late 2011 by a company called Rodspark. The contract is with the government and is currently administered through EoN but any energy company can be used. The contract term is 25 years and runs to 2036.
There is a meter in the garage and readings are submitted quarterly. Over the past 4 years the panels have generated a yearly average of 4,101KwH of electricity. This has given an annual tax free income of £2,082. For each KwH of electricity generated the owners are currently paid 50.67pence plus a supplemental 0.037pence on 50% of the KwH generation as an assumed feed in to the grid.
Note 2. Communal charges. The new owners will be required to become shareholders of the Management Company. Currently each property is charged a proportion of the actual annual expenditure which is quite low. Generally the costs are shared by the seven houses except for the gate costs for No. 1 as they have their own gate system.
Summary of accommodation:
Ground floor; Large reception hall, cloakroom, dining room, sitting room, large kitchen/living room, utility room, staircase to lower ground floor and to first floor, access to integral double garage.
First floor; large landing, 5 bedrooms to include; master bedroom with ensuite bathroom with shower and dressing room, guest bedroom with ensuite shower room, and French doors opening onto a balcony overlooking the front, large family bathroom with shower.
Lower ground floor; hallway with door to store, sitting room, study/gym/bedroom 6, French doors giving access to the garden.
Gardens and grounds: Both front and rear gardens are beautifully landscaped. The south facing rear garden has a large terrace area beside well maintained lawns and a pretty path meanders around the edge of the garden which has been planted with shrubs and herbaceous borders.
Local facilities: Kendrick Gate is situated with easy access to Reading centre and just a few minutes` drive from the large Sainsbury`s supermarket, Boots pharmacy, Starbucks and the new Ikea store at Calcot. Pangbourne is just a short drive and has a wonderful village centre with many independent shops, excellent restaurants and pubs, the River Thames and the surrounding countryside renowned to be of outstanding rural beauty with lots of footpaths and bridle paths.
Transport links are plentiful, with both Theale and Pangbourne giving fast train services to London Paddington, and Reading station just a couple of miles away, with Crossrail due in a couple of years giving fast links to the City.
There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor and outdoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. Calcot Golf Club is very close, and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Schools: Good schools abound within the area; Leighton Park, Queen Anne`s at Caversham, The Abbey School, Kendrick School – grammar school for girls, Reading Boys - grammar school for boys, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, Downe House, The Oratory, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School, all within reasonable driving distance and some of the schools have a bus pick up service.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, from junction 12 of the M4, proceed along the A4 in the direction of Reading. You will eventually pass Calcot Golf Club on the left, a short distance further along at the lights, turn left into Hogarth Avenue. Proceed along this road which becomes New Hill Lane, passing the high timber fencing securing the golf club, until you find on the left the entrance to Kendrick Gate. Please use the intercom beside the gate and press number 2 and the agents Dudley Singleton & Daughter will open the gates.
Note: In line with many golf courses, Calcot may consider some small amount of development on the course
Post Code: RG30 4DP
Services: All main including gas. Water softener, full security system.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band H
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Modern 5 bedroom detached house built by Millgate Homes
- Four bathrooms
- Pretty landscaped gardens
- Potential lower ground floor annexe
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
- Exclusive gated development
- Splendid kitchen/living room
- Double garage
- Wonderful views over Calcot golf course.
Nearest train stations (distances are in a straight line)
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.