- 17th Century period cottage
- Well fitted family bathroom with further shower room
- Presented to a high standard throughout
- Large approx 165ft landscaped rear garden garden
- Sought after village walk to the station and ideal for M4
- 3 bedrooms
- Sitting room with open fireplace
- Recently installed smart central heating and gas fired boiler
- Residents parking permit available
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Theale train station 0.4 mile (journey to Paddington 40 minutes) ● M4 (junc 12) 1 minutes' drive ● Pangbourne 5 miles ● Reading 4 miles
1,027 sq ft / 95 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A charming, 17th century period 3 bedroom cottage, attached at one side, has recently been restored and refitted to a very high standard throughout, with approximately 150' pretty landscaped garden.
The Dolls House is Grade II listed, with a later, probably Georgian, façade, and is simply and very tastefully decorated, with a new smart central heating system.
Located in the sought-after village of Theale, and within easy walking distance to the station, primary school, shops and amenities, the property is also well positioned for easy access to junction 12 of the M4.
The property has delightful sunny gardens, with a cedar constructed garden room with sun terrace and summer dining areas, well stocked herbaceous borders, flowering and evergreen shrubs and mature trees.
The Dolls House enters from the High Street, Theale, and this is very much the preserved, residential, period end of the village, and all the properties along here are completely individual. The High Street has attractive herringbone brick pavers, traditional old street lights and bollards beside a pretty and level stone paved footpath. There are residents' parking permits with designated parking areas lying adjacent to the property.
The property is likely to be of medieval structure and therefore probably one of the oldest buildings in Theale. There have been works throughout the property that is of a style which began in the 14th century and continued as late as the 17th century. The quality of the property suggests this is an important house and possibly at one time early in its life, a pub.
• Large 165' garden (approx.) to the rear, beautifully landscaped
• Recently installed smart central heating system with gas fired combi boiler, high quality modern radiators throughout, loft is boarded with lighting
• Interior condition is first class throughout
• Very pretty kitchen fully fitted with a range of cupboards and drawer units, quarry tiled flooring, modern stainless-steel sink, a fitted Rangemaster Leisure with gas oven and grill, 4 gas rings, extractor over, polished hardwood work surfaces, pretty beams to ceiling and window overlooking the rear garden
• The sitting room with dining area has large windows giving lots of light, high ceilings with beams, fine polished stained pine flooring and a large open log fire with raised York stone hearth
• Bathroom is in first class order
• Pretty Victorian fireplace in bedroom 1 with a range of fitted wardrobes
• Bedroom 2 also has a range of fitted wardrobes and shelves for shoes
• Attractive breakfast room with original quarry tiled and brick flooring
• The adjacent outbuilding consists of a utility room which has plumbing for a washing machine and tumble dryer, with a new Worcester boiler above. Also a shower room which is fitted to a high standard
• The pretty garden room with a paved summer dining and BBQ area in front
• Pedestrian side entrance from the road leads to the rear garden and is a very useful area for storing bikes, motorcycle etc
Summary of accommodation: Entrance lobby, sitting room with open log fire, dining room, fully-fitted modern kitchen. 3 bedrooms, bathroom. Outside adjacent to the kitchen is a separate brick constructed utility room and shower, both with central heating.
Gardens: A cedar constructed garden room with BBQ area, formal gardens, wooden garden store, lean-to greenhouse attached to a garden store.
165' partly walled gardens, with new fence to the other side, side entrance, there is room to the side of the property to take a motorcycle, bicycles, etc
Local facilities: Only a few minutes' walk to a tremendous range of shops and also to a fine old 18th century pub, The Bull. The property is also only few minutes' walk to the train station which offers fast links to London Paddington in only 40 minutes.
There is easy connection to the M4 at Junction 12 enabling access to London and Heathrow.
Half a mile away is a large Sainsbury's supermarket, and a new Ikea store, and in Englefield a new Cobbs Farmhouse with butchers, fishmonger, deli and restaurant.
An excellent medical centre is within walking distance and at the far end of the village there is a fine ancient church. This is one of the few villages left that has a proper heart and vibrancy during the course of the day and as it is by-passed now from the A4, peace at night.
Schools: Theale Primary School which has been rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, and Theale Green Secondary School are within walking distance. A short drive away is the sought-after Englefield Primary School. St Andrew's Preparatory School is only a few minutes' drive, as are Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and Brockhurst & Marlston House Schools. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, proceed over the mini roundabout and out of the village towards the A4. Proceed over the M4, pass Cobbs Farm Shop on the left and turn next left towards Theale village. At the T-junction turn left, proceed through the village, pass The Bull public house on the left and the property will be found a short distance along on the left-hand side.
Post Code: RG7 5AH
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.