- Split level architect designed country house set in a secluded location
- Five double bedrooms
- Fabulous German kitchen/living room
- Indoor swimming pool complex with changing room and sauna
- Good sized southerly facing gardens approx 0.52 acres
- Walk to village centre
- Four bathrooms
- Four reception rooms
- Double garage and ample parking
- Lavishly and tastefully modernised throughout
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes' walk to shops & train station ● Fast trains to London Paddington (47 minutes) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 4 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances/times are approximate)
5,549 sq ft / 516 m² Gardens & Grounds 0.52 acres / 0.21 hectares (all measurements are approximate)
An elegant and very special split level architect designed 5 bedroom modern country house of character. Set within the heart of the village on an exclusive and peaceful residential lane, enjoying complete privacy and security.
The property is set high above this peaceful lane with the whole of the property enjoying delightful views over the south facing gardens.
Lamu has recently been the subject of a lavish and tasteful modernisation programme both internally and externally and has a very high level of security throughout with an electrically operated gated entrance.
The 5 bedrooms are all doubles and 3 bedrooms have ensuites, the two remaining bedrooms use the large family bathroom. All the bathrooms/shower rooms have been recently refitted to a high specification.
The indoor swimming pool complex is beautifully designed with bi-fold doors opening on two sides giving access to the gardens and for summer use the decked terrace. It features a heated pool, fitness area, sauna and changing/shower room. Very importantly, the swimming pool has an electrically operated weight bearing cover, giving maximum security for all of the family.
● A fine Neville Johnson glass and stainless steel staircase with balustrade from the lower ground floor which winds past a half landing with two large arch windows overlooking the indoor pool
● The fabulous German ‘HÄCKER' kitchen was supplied by Kitchen Solutions of Caversham. It features moulded Corian work surfaces, a Corian topped central island, a moulded 1½ Corian sink with mixer taps, GROHE blue water chiller which also has a fitting to allow chilled and sparkling filtered water, waste disposal unit, fitted dishwasher, fitted Siemens double oven, fitted microwave, fitted coffee maker, Siemens fitted fridge and separate Siemens freezer, 5 ring ceramic induction Siemens hob unit, stainless steel extractor over, lots of drawers and cupboards units
● Study is fully fitted with bespoke units by Neville Johnson and has an area dedicated for a wine cooling unit with power to be fitted
● The drawing room has a high level fitted wood burning stove with polished granite hearth, and large floor to ceiling modern slide back picture windows opening onto a paved terrace and the gardens, with electrically operated sun blind over
● Electrically operated Velux skylight over the landing/staircase with automatic closure when it rains
● EPC green banding level C for energy efficiency which is an excellent rating for a detached property
● All the windows have been replaced throughout the property
● Good quality oak panelled doors throughout
● High quality fitted carpeting throughout
● The bathrooms and shower rooms are all new and feature top of the range units
● The kitchen/living room has liquid underfloor heating
● Electric underfloor heating to bedroom 1 and the family bathroom
● Dining room and family/games room flooring is naturally polished oak with oak skirting
● Large utility room, fully fitted units matching the kitchen and fitted fridge
● French doors give access from the kitchen/living room to the rear gardens and the high level terrace/summer dining area
● Pool area has an electric weight bearing pool cover and a fantastic sauna. There are new Schuco bi-fold doors, which have solar powered internal blinds and laminated safety glass
● The pool equipment electronic control system was replaced in 2012. The pool is a top quality tiled pool with tiled steps to one end, heated by a modern gas fired boiler, with fan assisted radiators to the pool area and de-humidifier unit
● The entire roof to the property was replaced in 2016
● All the electrics to the property have been updated
● Data points throughout the house for wired and Wi-Fi access
● VIDEX gate entry system and fitted security alarm system
● Designer radiators throughout
● There is a very large paved car parking area with secure electric gates giving access to vehicles and pedestrians
● The gardens are a natural sun trap enjoying a southerly aspect
Summary of accommodation:
Lower ground floor: entrance hall, family room/games room, utility room, plant room
Ground floor: study, dining room, drawing room, large kitchen/living room, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms (3 ensuite), bedroom 1 also has a dressing room, heated swimming pool with shower/changing room and sauna, double garage with large roof terrace over, landscaped gardens, paved entrance drive and large courtyard car parking area. Full gas fired central heating, separate boiler for pool, timber garden store,
Gardens and grounds: The gardens are very pretty and have been recently landscaped. Slate retaining walls have been introduced to the raised flower beds beside the main entrance drive and courtyard parking area. There are well maintained lawns, herbaceous borders, a timber garden store and a stone laid patio to the front of the drawing room area. A composite bleached oak decking will be found immediately beside the pool complex with the bi-fold doors opening onto this area for summer entertaining.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.52 acres / 0.21 hectares
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing and climbing instruction.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Basildon Park is a National Trust property featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only a five minute drive away.
Excellent schools: Lamu is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School, Brockhurst Preparatory School and Elstree Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys, Kendrick School for girls and The Abbey School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey, or by bus pick up point where applicable. Pangbourne Primary School is in the village, which has foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left, pass over the mini roundabout with The Elephant Hotel on the right. Pass Breedons Hill on the right and turn next right into Green Lane. Proceed along Green Lane and pass a bungalow on the left called Red Rooves, pass the entrance to Scythe House immediately on the right. The next entrance with curved rendered wall, just before a street light, is the entrance to Lamu.
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
Post Code: RG8 7BG
Local authority: West Berkshire
Council Tax Band: H
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.