- Individually designed character house
- Four bedrooms ,four bathrooms
- Sonos sound and Rako lighting systems
- Professionally designed south facing gardens
- Ample parking
- Short walk to the village centre
- Stunning reception hall
- Underfloor heating
- Double garage
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes` walk to shops & train station ● Fast trains to London Paddington (47 minutes) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 4 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances/times are approximate)
3,157 sq ft / 293.4 m²
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.24 acres / 0.09 hectares
(all measurements are approximate)
Oakhill House is a splendid, individually designed character modern house situated within the heart of this famous Thameside village. It is a perfect combination of traditional design and materials, with contemporary features and styling.
Designed to the exacting requirements of the present owners, the exterior is traditionally constructed with red clay brick and knapped flint under a handmade red clay tiled roof, with an imposing oak and glazed central entrance. Standing on high ground, a short walk along a footpath with street lighting to the centre of the vibrant village of Pangbourne, with its specialist shops, good transport links and River Thames.
Courtlands Hill has long been noted as one of the most important residential private roads within Pangbourne, with a mix of individually designed modern and period properties, each set back within their own grounds from this pretty avenue lined with trees.
Remote controlled wrought iron gates give vehicular and pedestrian access onto a brick paved courtyard. A substantial oak entrance door, leads into a grand reception hall with polished marble flagstone flooring and honed limestone staircase gently rising and curving to a spacious landing.
The staircase and landing have been fitted with a purpose designed glass and stainless steel balustrade with, on the curve of the staircase, a hand blown panel, an outstanding piece of modern art in itself.
The flow of accommodation is fabulous. The large primary double glazed windows flood the house with light. The property was finished for the present owners in 2008 and totally refitted to the interior in 2010.
This is an elegant house finished and fitted to the highest and most exacting standards. The drawing room is double aspect with large glazed French doors, not only giving delightful views across the rear gardens, but also garden access when entertaining. The outstanding fireplace was supplied by Chesneys of London and has a fitted gas fuelled coal effect fire.
● The magnificent reception hall with its floor to ceiling glazing and substantial oak door
● The first floor landing with its wonderful curved glass balustrade
● The beautifully fitted bathrooms, with marble flooring in the ensuite of bedroom 1 and marble mural bath panel
● Bedroom 1 with its large dressing area, double aspect with French doors opening to overlook the rear gardens
● The mezzanine with access from the second floor with balcony overlooking bedroom 1, which could be an excellent office if so desired
● Sonos sound system
● Rako lighting system
● iPhone docking units inset into the wall in all bedrooms
● Ceiling speakers in all rooms
● Cinema surround sound in drawing room
● Outdoor speakers on patio
● Garden irrigation system with pop-up sprinklers
● Water filled underfloor heating
● Individual room heating controls
● Boiling water tap in kitchen
● Cat 6 wiring throughout
● Swarovski crystal wall paper in bedroom 3
● Silk wallpaper in drawing room
● LEDs behind breakfast bar and on landing
● A very beautiful kitchen with its wide silestone working surfaces and breakfast bar, glass fronted cupboards, ELICA extractor over the AEG induction hob, fitted microwave and oven, fitted dishwasher
● The professionally designed and beautifully laid out south facing garden enjoying complete privacy
● Large terrace spanning the width of the property, with two summer dining areas
● The family/dining room has a pretty bay window, with the polished marble flooring continuing from the reception hall
● Full alarm system
● Large double garage with storage over, remote controlled electric roll up door
Summary of accommodation: magnificent reception hall, drawing room, family/dining room, very large kitchen/living room with dining area, cloakroom, 4 bedrooms, 4 bath/shower rooms, dressing area to bedroom 1, mezzanine floor above bedroom 1 which could be used as a study, double garage, off road parking, garden store.
Gardens and grounds: Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.24 acres / 0.09 hectares (approximately). Professionally designed and beautifully laid out garden enjoying complete privacy, south facing and with a large terrace featuring two summer dining areas.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Basildon Park is a National Trust property featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only five minutes driving distance.
Excellent schools: Oakhill is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools. Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School is in the village, which has foundation stage 1 and Pangbourne is also within the catchment area for Theale Green School (with school bus pick up in the village).
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout passing The Elephant and Cross Keys pub. A short way down, turn right into Courtlands Hill which can be found after Green Lane. Oakhill House will be found a short way up on the left hand side.
Services: All mains including gas.
Post Code: RG8 7BE
Local Authority: West Berkshire Council Tax Band: G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN. Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.