- One bedroom apartment
- Immaculate order throughout
- Parking and visitors parking
- Heart of the village location
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
- First floor with chair lift if required
- Warden assistance on site
- Communal gardens
- Excellent village facilities within walking distance
An attractive 1st floor apartment with chair lift to 1st floor - 1 bedroom retirement apartment restricted to the over 55s. Within the heart of the village, walking distance to schools, shops, amenities, River Thames and station ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 minutes' drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
544 sq ft / 51 m² (all measurements are approximate)
An attractive 1st floor apartment with chair lift to 1st floor - 1 bedroom retirement apartment restricted to the over 55s, situated within the heart of the village. The apartment is in immaculate order throughout, and the vendor has lived there very happily for many years.
Situated with easy level walking distance of all the shops and wonderful facilities and amenities Pangbourne has to offer, such as a medical centre, dentists, hairdressers, a supermarket, restaurants, cafes and riverside pubs. There is also a convenient mini-supermarket just over the road.
● The kitchen is in immaculate order, fully fitted with comprehensive high and low level cupboards and drawers, including a fitted Ultima double oven with a ceramic 4 ring hob and Belling cooker hood over, a free standing Beko fridge freezer, an Indesit modern washing machine, a 1½ bowl stainless steel sink unit with drainer and mixer tap. There is a sliding door entry to the kitchen from the sitting room
● The bathroom is fully tiled with bath, low level WC and pedestal wash basin. Electric wall mounted fan heater and a Mira electric shower unit to the bath area
● The bedroom is full fitted with an extensive range of units, cupboards and drawers which surround the double bed area and a further pair of wardrobes and a recessed dressing table with mirror
● There are emergency service pull cords in the bedroom, bathroom and sitting room, also warden assistance on site
● There is car parking for owners and visitors, an entry phone system, wide corridors, this apartment offers high security. It is situated on the first floor looking out onto the village with an electric stair lift from the ground floor reception to the first floor landing
● There are pretty and peaceful communal gardens which surround the property with chairs laid out for seating to the rear
● Electricity for the electric central heating is on Economy 7
● The carpets and light fittings are included in the sale and are in good order
Summary of accommodation: Communal ground floor reception hall with staircase and stair lift to first floor communal landing. Door to apartment entrance with private reception hall, airing cupboard, bathroom, bedroom, sitting room, kitchen.
Gardens: Communal with seating areas and maintained under the service charge.
The management company is First Port Retirement Services.
The service charge is £1,847.20 per annum.
There is a ground rent which is paid quarterly which is £12.50 per quarter.
The management service charge includes maintenance of the building, cleaning of all communal areas, cost of electric lighting in communal areas, maintenance of the grounds.
There is parking for owners and visitors to the right and left hand sides of Coach House Court and also in front of the cottages, which are part of Coach House Court.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 5 minutes driving distance.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left and at the mini roundabout turn left again. Proceed through the heart of the village, passing the Police Station and the entrance for pedestrians will be found on the left hand side, just immediately past the co-op service station and shop on the right, and the entrance for cars will be on the far right and far left of the building.
Post Code: RG8 7HS
Tenure: Leasehold; the lease is 99 years from March 1988; circa 68 years remaining. A lease extension of a further 60 years is available. Details on request.
Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage.
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band: C
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.