Guide Price £895,000 - Available
2,677 sq ft / 249 m² Gardens & Grounds 0.7 acres / 0.28 hectares
(all measurements are approximate)
A delightful detached 5 bedroom 18th century cottage with some later additions, occupying a wonderful rural location with fine views over the surrounding pastureland from both ground and first floor
Very unusual for a house of this period, are the high beamed ceilings throughout. There is tremendous scope for improvement and modernisation of this Grade II listed property.
Situated in a peaceful sleepy rural area noted for its outstanding beauty yet within easy access of Pangbourne. Just a short drive away, Pangbourne has an outstanding selection of shops and mainline station giving access to London Paddington. Buckhold also gives an easy route to junction 12 of the M4 at Theale.
It is rare that such a beautiful period house comes onto the market in such an outstanding location.
● Open log fires with beams across in both the sitting room and dining room
● The original parquet flooring to the dining room
● Original stripped pine flooring in the sitting room
● Adjacent pastureland is owned by the Yattendon estate therefore very secure from development
● Pretty exposed beams throughout
● Good ceiling heights throughout
● Single bedroom on the 1st floor might become another bathroom
Summary of accommodation: Oak framed enclosed porch, entrance hall, interior hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, utility room, study, oak framed garden room, 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, double detached garage, garden stores.
Gardens and grounds: Large gardens extending to 0.7 acres/ 0.28 hectares laid to lawn with herbaceous borders, vegetable garden area, access by way of a gravel drive with 5 bar gate securing, large gravel forecourt for parking, modern double detached garage, several garden stores, greenhouse, useful red brick under a clay roof Victorian outhouses of interesting design
Local facilities: Pangbourne village is just a 7 minutes` drive and has a fabulous selection of award winning specialist shops, restaurants, riverside pubs, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers and a train station giving fast train service connections to London Paddington.
Bradfield College is 2 miles away and has a fabulous sports complex within walking distance open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership.
Schools: Buckhold is within the catchment area for Bradfield Primary School, it is also within easy driving distance of Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory, Elstree, St Gabriel`s Girls School and Downe House Girls School.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout and turn first right at St James the Less Church. Proceed up Pangbourne Hill following the signs for Yattendon at the T-junction turn left and Slade Gate Cottage will be found a short distance along on the left hand side, the last property.
Post Code: RG8 8QJ
Services: Mains electricity, septic tank drainage, estate metered water, electric central heating.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- 18th Century cottage
- Tremendous scope for improvement and modernisation
- Good ceiling heights
- Gardens and grounds 0.7 acres
- 5 bedrooms
- Open fires and beams
- Fine views over Yattendon Estate pastureland
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Nearest train stations (distances are in a straight line)