- Modern character country house
- Four bath/shower rooms including 3 suites
- Two further reception rooms
- Having undergone luxurious and extensive refurbishment throughout
- Ample driveway parking/ detached double garage with gym/office
- Five good size bedrooms
- 46ft Kitchen/breakfast room with living room area
- Fully fitted bespoke study
- Secluded pretty rear gardens
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Pangbourne 2.5 miles ● Reading 8 miles ● Heathrow 50 minutes' drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
3,767 sq ft / 350 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A 5 bedroom delightful modern individually designed, character country house. An exclusive location in the heart of this very pretty semi-rural village. Set on high ground on an area of outstanding natural beauty entered from a tree lined lane.
Oaklands has undergone an extensive luxurious refurbishment throughout and has been finished to an extremely high standard. This is a spacious, light house showing an attention to detail without parallel.
This is a good looking country house, constructed in a traditional manner of red clay brick under a clay tiled roof, with a spectacular 14 metres/46 foot kitchen/breakfast room with living room area, which runs right across the rear of the property with 2 pairs of French doors giving access to the pretty rear gardens.
• The hub of the household is the fabulous kitchen, which is large and light and beautifully fitted with space for all the family to sit down together. Fitted with an extensive range of high and low level painted cupboards with a large dresser, glazed fronted cupboards, central wine racks, stainless steel Britannia six-ring propane gas cooking range with large electric oven, separate NEFF oven with grill fitted under the central island breakfast bar which has a granite work surface and cupboards under, double bowl fitted porcelain sink unit with mixer taps
• The property as a whole is decorated to a very high standard
• The use of natural materials achieves a harmony between traditional and modern
• Spectacular and unusually large reception hall
• Double-sided wood burning stove to kitchen and living room
• Recently fully fitted bespoke study
• Further wood burning stove within the sitting room
• Solid oak natural polished oak flooring flows from the reception hall into the kitchen/breakfast room and living area
• Bathrooms and shower rooms are attractive and fitted to high standards with large showers
• There are 3 suites plus a family bathroom, and bedroom 1 also has a dressing area and walk in wardrobes
• Large utility room with extensive range of cupboards one holding the propane gas fuelled central heating and hot water boiler. Room for a large fridge or deep freeze with plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer and a door to the rear garden
• The sunny gardens to front and rear are secluded by high hedges and are very private
• Impressive solid wood electrically operated entrance gates
• Primary double glazed windows throughout
Summary of accommodation:
Very large and imposing reception hall, study, cloakroom, family room, sitting room, 46ft kitchen/breakfast room with living room area, large utility room, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms all with showers, bedroom 1 suite to include dressing area with walk in wardrobe. Detached double garage block with gym / office and separate access from Emery Acres. Summer house.
Gardens and grounds: Very pretty gardens with well-maintained lawns and a large patio summer dining area. The front garden has a large off-road car parking area, with high hedges giving privacy from the lane and well planted shrubberies. Well set back from the lane, approx. 57ft wide and in excess of 50ft in depth with a number of mature oak trees after which the house is named.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.24 acre / 0.1 hectare (approx.).
Local facilities: Upper Basildon is a much sought after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has a football club and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the church centre and or the main church.
For the equestrian enthusiast there is a large livery yard with many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes' drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. Pangbourne station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City). Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 6 miles drive giving easy access to airports.
Schools: There are plenty of schools in the area; Upper Basildon Primary School is within walking distance, St Andrew's Preparatory School is only a few minutes' drive, as are Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and Brockhurst & Marlston House Schools. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left, pass over the mini roundabout and take first right up Pangbourne Hill. Turn right at the signpost for Upper Basildon. Pass the Red Lion pub, pass over the next cross roads and just after Emery Acres on the right, the property will be found on the right.
Post Code: RG8 8NG
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage. LPG central heating (for aesthetic reasons the LPG tank has been sunk below ground). Mains pressure water system and large Megaflow indirect cylinder ensuring the water supply through the property works under pressure, water softener, security system.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.