Guide Price £750,000 - New Instruction
Within the heart of the village ● Walking distance to schools, shops, amenities and train station ● Train journey to London Paddington just 47 minutes (Crossrail coming to Reading) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 10 minutes` drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
1,927 sq ft / 179 m² (approx.)
An attractive 1920`s village property with later additions in a central location within easy, level walking distance to the shops and amenities. The property has been in the same family ownership since its construction in the 1920`s.
Set in a peaceful location well away from any busy roads, Lissadell offers flexible, spacious accommodation, with lots of potential to extend or reconfigure the existing accommodation to create further bedroom accommodation or a self-contained annexe. The property is in need of updating throughout.
• 4 good sized bedrooms
• Within the heart of the village
• Parquet flooring to the dining room
• The sitting room has patio doors onto the rear garden
• UPVC replacement windows throughout
• Open plan kitchen/ breakfast room
• Flexible accommodation
• Large utility room
• Good sized garage with electric up and over door with remote
• Plenty of off-road parking
• Enormous potential to extend over the garage
Summary of accommodation: Entrance lobby, entrance hall, sitting room/dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, living room/family room, utility room, garage, gardens front and rear, parking to the front for a number of cars, summerhouse with power and lighting, garden shed.
Gardens: Mainly laid to lawn to the front and very pretty south/ west facing rear gardens, with well stocked flower beds, cherry trees and winter flowering specimen plants.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows, children`s play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing and climbing instruction. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland. Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail at Reading offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas.
Schools: Easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School is close by and offers foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton and Daughter turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. Proceed over the next mini roundabout at The George Hotel and just before the police station on your left and the One stop convenience store on the right, turn right into Horseshoe Road, follow the road round past the fire station and turn right into Woodview Road go to the end and turn right and the property will be found on the right hand side.
Services: Mains: electricity, water, drainage and gas.
Post code: RG8 7JN
Local authority & tax band: West Berkshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent;
Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- 1920"s detached family home
- UPVC replacement windows
- village centre location
- Same family ownership since its construction.
- Four bedrooms
- Potential to extend STPP
- Off road parking and garage
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.