Guide Price £445,000 - Under Offer
Walking distance to station, shops and schools. Reading 6 miles, M4 (junc 12) 10 minutes` drive
(all distances and timings are approximate)
1,099 sq ft / 102 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A pretty Victorian semi-detached 2/3 bedroom house occupying an excellent position at the end of the highly sought after Thames Avenue. Backing onto and overlooking, from the 2nd floor, the well-maintained fields of the recreation grounds to the wooded countryside in the distance.
The property is in excellent decorative order throughout, set in a very peaceful no through road with unrestricted on street parking and within easy level walking distance to the village centre with its fabulous selection of specialist shops, schools, doctors, pubs, restaurants and station.
The property lies adjacent to, and has access to, the recreation area, the children`s playground, bowling club, football pitch and tennis courts. There is also access to the very beautiful Pangbourne Meadows which are open to the public with access to the River Thames.
Within easy walking distance there are many footpaths running through beautiful open countryside.
● Pretty sitting room with original open fireplace fitted with wood burning stove
● The front elevation windows (sitting room bay and front bedroom) are bespoke hardwood double glazed replacements to exactly match the originals
● Fully fitted modern high specification kitchen, traditional painted range of panelled high and low level cupboards and wide hard wood work surfaces, luxury Rangemaster 5 ring gas range unit with double ovens, grill, fitted Zanussi dishwasher, plumbing for washing machine/dryer, Samsung fridge/freezer with cold water dispenser, 1½ bowl ceramic sink unit with swan neck mixer tap and drainer, windows overlooking the rear gardens
● Large dining room
● Fitted wooden Venetian blinds in the dining room, bedroom 2 and family bathroom
● Large modern family bathroom with separate shower
● All bedrooms are doubles
● The slate roof and loft insulation have both been renewed of recent times
● Splendid modern office building to rear of the garden with broadband, power, electric, light, laminated flooring and a pair of primary modern double glazed doors giving access to a paved terrace area for summer dining
● A number of the windows have been replaced with primary double glazing
● Room for further extension subject to local authority planning permission
Summary of accommodation: Entrance hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, cloakroom, first floor; 2 double bedrooms, family bathroom with separate shower, staircase to 2nd floor room presently used as a bedroom, first class modern office building to rear of garden, full gas central heating
Gardens: Gardens are mainly to the rear, with side access from the front. Well maintained lawn and a raised vegetable/herb bed. At the far end there is a paved terrace area for summer BBQs directly in front of the office building.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows offering wonderful walks, a children`s play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing and climbing instruction.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash courts, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas.
Excellent schools: Within easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. At the next mini roundabout turn left at The George Hotel, under the railway bridge and turn first right into Thames Avenue, proceed to the end, turn slightly right and the property will be found on the left.
Post Code: RG8 7BY
Services: Mains electricity, water, drainage, gas fired central heating.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Victorian semi-detached cottage
- Upstairs modern bathroom
- Rear gardens
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
- 2/3 Double Bedrooms
- Splendid office building in the garden
- Central village location
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.