Guide Price £799,000 - Available
Pangbourne shops & station 3 miles ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (Junc 12) 6 miles (all distances are approximate)
2,014 sq ft / 187 m² (all measurements are approximate)
Description: A very pretty 4 bedroom detached modern country house situated at the end of a small development with pretty landscaped gardens to front and rear.
Substantially constructed in 2008 to high standards by the well-known firm Thomas Homes who have been responsible for a number of small developments in the area.
The property enjoys a private driveway access from the road and looks over to the front across fields with woodland in the distance.
● Property is in excellent decorative order throughout
● Large well fitted kitchen/dining room with French doors leading to the rear gardens, black granite work surfaces, Rangemaster cooking range with 2 ovens, grill and 5 propane gas rings with extractor over, under mounted 1.5 bowl sink unit with mixer taps, fitted dishwasher, plenty of cupboards and drawers, large larder unit, large fitted fridge
● Good size laundry room with similar units to the kitchen, granite work surface, room for deep freeze, space for tumble dryer and washing machine, door to the exterior
● Pretty open fireplace to the sitting room with oak mantle and surround on a raised hearth with inter-connecting doors to the family room
● Large study
● 4 double bedrooms
● Family bathroom and ensuite shower room to bedroom 1 are well fitted
● Pretty views from the front bedrooms over fields across the lane
● Rear garden has close boarded fencing, hedges and trees giving privacy with a large landscaped lawn surrounded by flower beds and a wide terrace for summer dining across the rear of the property
● Off-road car parking for a number of cars in front of the detached double garage
● Within easy walking distance to the village pub – The Red Lion
Summary of accommodation: Large reception hall with oak flooring, sitting room, study, play room/dining room, cloakroom, kitchen/dining room, 4 double bedrooms, ensuite shower room to bedroom 1, family bathroom, 3 bedrooms have built-in wardrobes,
Gardens and grounds: Spacious gardens to front and rear, detached double garage block, side access to rear garden.
Local facilities: Upper Basildon is a much sought after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has a football club and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the church centre and or the main church.
For the equestrian enthusiast there is a large livery yard with many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes` drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. The station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City). Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 6 miles drive giving easy access to airports.
Schools: There are plenty of schools in the area; Upper Basildon Primary School is within walking distance, St Andrew`s Preparatory School is only a few minutes` drive, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, pass over the mini roundabout and The Elephant Hotel. Turn right into Pangbourne Hill at St James the Less Church, proceed up Pangbourne Hill until you find a signpost just after the entrance to Pangbourne College directing you to the right to Upper Basildon, turn right. Proceed along this road, passing the village green, the church, The Red Lion public house, and a short distance along on the right hand side you will see two sign for Sykes Garden on the right, turn right go to the left and park in front of number 1.
Post Code: RG8 8AH
Services: Mains water and drainage, electricity, oil fired central heating, propane gas to kitchen range
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN. Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale. 2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them: 3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor. 4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Modern detached country house
- Large well fitted dining room
- Private landscaped rear gardens
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
- Four double bedrooms
- Pretty views to the front
- Ample parking/ double garage
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.