Guide Price £745,000 - Under Offer
Newbury 11 miles ● Reading 7 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 3 miles ● Pangbourne 6 miles ● Theale train station 4 miles (fast connections to London Paddington) (all distances approximate)
2,218 sq ft / 207 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A spectacular individual architect designed 3 bedroom country house constructed to exacting standards some 9 years ago. Built of red clay brick under a slate tiled roof, in beautiful order throughout, set in lovely gardens to the rear, and to the front a wide and imposing columned entrance with electric gates giving access to a broad forecourt for car parking and access to the garage.
Short Heath Lane is a pretty semi-rural part residential tree lined lane with easy access to woodland and countryside walks. The area is noted for its outstanding rural beauty with easy access to Newbury and Reading, M4 and stations giving access to London Paddington.
This is an elegant and outstanding country house.
● The very high quality of both build and interior fittings,
● Wonderful oak joinery throughout
● The sitting room runs right across the rear of the property, with its golden oak joinery, multi-fuel stove to fireplace, pair of oak panelled glazed doors opening onto a very high quality beautifully constructed oak conservatory
● High quality panelled oak doors to ground and first floor
● Spacious kitchen/breakfast room has granite work surfaces, high quality lime oak fitted high and low level cupboards and drawer units, high quality electric 3 oven AGA, auxiliary Miele single oven and Miele microwave oven, built in Miele dishwasher, fitted Miele fridge freezer, Miele 4 ring ceramic hob unit with extractor over, 1½ bowl stainless steel under-mounted sink unit with mixer taps, room in the kitchen for a table if required
● Utility room is fitted in similar units to the kitchen, with granite work surface, under-mounted stainless steel sink, fitted with Miele washing machine and tumble dryer (included in the sale)
● The very large light hallway with polished golden oak planked flooring throughout the hallway
● The wide outstanding staircase in oak with oak balustrade rises to a large landing
● All 3 bedrooms are doubles and have built in wardrobes with oak panel sliding doors
● Family bathroom and ensuite wet room are fitted to very high standards
● High level of insulation with oak framed primary double glazed windows throughout and an imposing oak panelled and glazed front door with brass fittings in the traditional manner
● Underfloor water system heating throughout
● Air conditioning to sitting room, study and bedroom 1
● All internal walls are solid not stub-partitioning, with high quality concrete insulated flooring to ground and first floor
● The landscaped gardens are a delight with a large sun terrace to the rear of the property for summer dining, well maintained lawn with brick path surround, delightfully planted herbaceous borders and a pretty greenhouse. There are log stores to side and front
● Pressurised water system throughout and an Ecowater softener system fitted
Summary of accommodation: Large reception hall, oak staircase to first floor and landing, large elegant sitting room with dining area, cloakroom, kitchen/breakfast room, study, utility room, 3 double bedrooms to first floor, family bathroom, wet room to bedroom 1, underfloor water system central heating, air conditioning, full security system, oil fired central heating, large single garage with door to utility room and garden, with electrically operated up and over door.
Gardens: Beautiful sunny gardens to the rear with well-maintained lawn, brick path border and delightfully planted herbaceous borders. There is a large sun terrace to the rear of the property for summer dining, a pretty greenhouse and log stores to side and front.
Local facilities: The pretty village of Ufton Nervet lies on the Hampshire/Berkshire borders within easy access to Reading and Newbury. There is an excellent primary school and village hall within Ufton Nervet and lots of bridle paths and footpaths for fabulous country walks. There are an excellent range of shops nearby at Theale village and at Mortimer village which has a shop, post office, hardware store, pubs and a train station. Nearby is a large Sainsbury`s. Pangbourne village is only a short drive away with its marvellous selection of award winning independent specialist shops, hairdressers, pubs, restaurants, medical centre, and the River Thames.
Schools: Ufton Nervet offers easy driving access to schools including Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, Down House, St Gabriel`s and Elstree School to name but a few.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, straight over the mini roundabout past the Elephant Hotel, proceed out of the village, through Tidmarsh to the roundabout on the A4, turning right onto the A4 towards Newbury. Turn left after the Spring Inn signposted Ufton Nervet, at the end of the road pass the primary school, turn left and beside the church turn right into Island Farm road and proceed along until you see a sign saying Sulhamstead Abbots, Burghfield Common, and turn left into Short Heath Lane, Pickhurst is the first house property on the right hand side.
Post Code: RG7 4EQ
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage, oil fired underfloor water system central heating
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- A spectacular 3 bedroom country house.
- Spacious kitchen/breakfast room
- High standard bathrooms
- Large single garage
- Wonderful oak joinery throughout
- 3 double bedrooms
- Landscaped delightful gardens
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.