Guide Price £795,000 - Available
Pangbourne 4 miles ● Theale train station 4 miles ● Reading 10 miles ● M4 (Junc. 12) 5 miles ● M4 (junc. 13) 8 miles (all distances approximate)
1,709 sq ft / 159 m² Gardens & Grounds 0.29 acres / 0.1 hectares
(all measurements are approximate)
A charming 4 bedroom semi-detached period cottage set on high ground with rear gardens facing south in a very beautiful setting surrounded by countryside noted for its outstanding natural beauty and rural tranquillity.
The Cottage is understood to have been constructed in around 1730 and has had some much later additions and is in first class order throughout, offering spacious family accommodation and large gardens set on a peaceful lane.
The Cottage is in easy driving distance of a good health centre, Bradfield Southend with its village hall, children`s playground and playing fields and also the village shop which is community owned. There is a good village pub which also serves food.
● Splendid sitting room with its Inglenook fireplace fitted with a wood burning stove and high beamed ceiling
● The large beautifully fitted kitchen/breakfast room with a splendid selection of high and low level cupboards and drawers, pot drawers, a large dresser, Britannia modern cooking range with a 6 gas ring hob, 2 ovens, Britannia cooker hood over, granite work surfaces, fitted Miele dishwasher, fitted Neff microwave oven, fitted fridge, under mounted double bowl sink with swan neck mixer tap, pretty ceramic tiled flooring, double aspect windows looking over both front and rear gardens
● Underfloor heating to kitchen/breakfast room, utility room and conservatory/dining room
● Pretty Amdega conservatory with direct access onto the flagstone patio for summer dining, with large windows giving views over the gardens
● There are very private secluded and large south facing landscaped gardens to the rear
● The Cottage is valuably unlisted
● A large reception hall
● The high ceilings throughout
● The large utility room with door to a large store room which also has access from the front.
● Windows are primary double glazed throughout
● 4 large bedrooms to the first floor with a modern ensuite shower room to the guest bedroom and a well fitted family bathroom with shower
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, cloakroom, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, sitting room, large conservatory/dining room with French doors onto the garden, TV/family room, integral store room with access from front and utility. 4 bedrooms, first floor, ensuite shower room, family bathroom, off street car parking for 2 cars.
Gardens and grounds: Well-maintained gardens to both front and rear. Front gardens with gravelled access to parking area for 2 cars, picket gate with roses, bulbs and flowerbeds. Very pretty landscaped rear gardens with flagstone terrace with access from the conservatory/dining room and utility room. Rear garden faces south with old stock brick steps leading to a further terrace for summer dining in the evening.
The main garden has shrubberies, perennial borders, large well-maintained lawns, children`s play area, raised vegetable bed, timber constructed garden store, approximately 240ft in depth backing on to woodland, side entrance from the front garden which also has a log store.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.29 acres / 0.1 hectares.
Local facilities: Bradfield and Bradfield Southend have a wonderful community with a village store/Post Office, a cricket ground and a recreation ground. There is an excellent riding school, a village hall with all sorts of events and a children`s play area, tennis courts and tennis club, and a pub.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership. Bradfield College also has a famous Greek amphitheatre which hosts various ticketed performances during the course of the year. Vicar`s farm shop is a short drive with its fine butchers, delicatessen, grocery section and fishmonger.
The M4 Junction 12 at Theale is within easy driving access, as is M4 Junction 13. Reading and Newbury are equidistance and Pangbourne village is nearby with its tremendous selection of specialist shops and a train station
Schools: Nearby there is Bradfield Church of England Primary School, Bradfield College, Pangbourne College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School. Downe House, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory, and Elstree are within easy driving distance.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, over the mini roundabout and pass out of the village, through Tidmarsh, over the M4 and turn first right signposted to Bradfield. Proceed along this road passing through the centre of the buildings belonging to Bradfield College, arriving at a T-junction with a War Memorial on your left, turn right. A short distance down the road turn first right into Mariners Lane. Proceed down Mariners Lane, passing Bishops Road and take the next turning left, which is Rotten Row (by the yellow road salt container). Turn left here, proceed up Rotten Row and the property will be found on the left hand side.
Post Code: RG7 6LL
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage, propane gas for cooking, oil fired central heating.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band E
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Semi-detached period cottage
- Two bathrooms
- Valuably unlisted
- Amdega conservatory
- Off road parking
- Four large bedrooms
- High ceilings
- Beautifully fitted kitchen/breakfast room
- Pretty landscaped gardens
- Beautiful countryside setting
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.