Guide Price £425,000 - Sold
Within the heart of the village, walking distance to schools, shops, amenities and train station ● Train journey to London Paddington just 47 minutes ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 10 minute drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
912 sq ft / 85 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
Description: A very pretty 3 bedroom Victorian mid-terrace cottage offering superb open plan living on the ground floor. Set well back from the road and in the heart of the village, just a few minutes` walk from the shops, amenities and station.
The property is in excellent order throughout and the accommodation is light and bright, retaining many of its period features.
● Valuable planning permission held infinitum to extend the first floor over the ground floor bathroom creating an upstairs bathroom and 3 double bedrooms
● Brick fireplace to the sitting room with terracotta hearth and fitted wood burner
● Original pine flooring and skirting throughout the sitting room through to the dining room
● Primary double glazed sash windows
● Access to the rear of the garden onto a large, public lawned / park area. A great space if you have children or dogs.
● Excellent ceiling heights throughout
● Open plan kitchen through to the dining room which easily takes a 8 seater table, the kitchen has hardwood work surfaces, plenty of storage, breakfast bar, 5 ring gas cooking range, underfloor heating and double French doors lead to the rear garden
● 2 off road parking spaces to the front, further parking could be created at the front if required by reducing the front garden space
● Rear gardens are very safe for young children and pets and are completely enclosed on all boundaries with a patio area, lawn and garden shed
Summary of accommodation:
Entrance hall, sitting room with open fireplace with woodburner fitted, useful under stairs coat and boot area, attractive red brick archway to the kitchen/dining room, bathroom, 3 bedrooms to first floor, pretty gardens to the front and rear, off-road parking for two cars, shed in rear garden.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows, a children`s play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing and climbing instruction. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland. Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas.
Excellent schools: Easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left and at the mini roundabout turn left again. Through the heart of the village, straight over the mini roundabout, pass the police station on the left and the property will be found on the right hand side.
Post Code: RG8 7JE
Services: Mains gas, electricity, water and drainage. Gas fired central heating with electric underfloor heating to kitchen and bathroom
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Victorian mid-terrace cottage
- Open plan living area to ground floor.
- Two off road parking spaces
- Few minutes walk to village facilities
- Three bedrooms
- Original features
- Front and rear gardens
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.