Guide Price £649,500 - Available
Within the heart of the village, walking distance to schools, shops, amenities and train station ● Train journey to London Paddington just 47 minutes ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 10 minute drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
1,954 sq ft/181 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A delightful 5 bedroom semi-detached Victorian house, enjoying a commanding position within the heart of the village on the corner of Horseshoe Road.
Offering flexible spacious family accommodation set on 3 floors, with many improvements made over recent years, to include; 8 new double glazed, sash windows and new Jack Brunsden timber front door.
There is a very large kitchen/breakfast room with French doors which open directly onto a large stone paved sun terrace/summer dining area. Set in secure spacious gardens enjoying a south-westerly sunny aspect, with high board fencing giving privacy and well-maintained lawns, shrubbery and herbaceous borders to both front and rear.
A unique feature of this property is the detached brick constructed annexe which is currently used as an office on the ground floor with bi fold doors opening onto the gardens, and on the first floor there is a completely separate boutique double bedroom and bathroom,
Note: Planning permission has been obtained for a single storey extension to the kitchen, creating an open plan kitchen, dining area and family area.
● The unusually spacious family accommodation
● Many original features have been retained, including some pretty examples of stripped pine framed doors with brass fittings, Victorian fireplace in bedroom 1 and the pretty staircase rising gracefully to the first floor with a further staircase of similar style reaching to the second floor
● Recently fitted double glazed sash windows
● New front door with 30 year guarantee fitted in 2017
● Large fully fitted kitchen/breakfast room with extensive cupboards and drawers, with fitted fridge/freezer, dishwasher and Rangemaster with electric double oven, grill, 5 ring gas hob and Rangemaster extractor over
● The dining room which is used as a family room/music room has an open fireplace
● Sitting room to the front of the house has a lovely bay window and features a very pretty open fireplace with wood burning stove
● The large boot/utility room
● Garden is approximately 38 metres long by 11 meters at its widest, to include the detached office/ letting building
● Gas fired central heating with modern boiler and water softener fitted
● The car parking areas access from the Horseshoe Road by way of a pair of high double timber gates with easy car parking for at least 2 cars
● Expensive range of fitted wardrobes to bedroom 1
● Brick constructed detached office building with double bedroom, bathroom and cloakroom, with bi-fold doors from the office onto the garden
Summary of accommodation:
Main house: open entrance porch, entrance hall, sitting room, family room/dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, boot room/utility room, cloakroom, 4 bedrooms to first and second floor, large family bathroom with shower, secure off street car parking for 2 cars within the rear garden with access from Horseshoe Road.
Detached annexe/office. The ground floor office is well equipped with 2 sets of bi-fold doors fitted with sun blinds with a door to a modern cloakroom and a number of storage cupboards. On the 1st floor there is a double bedroom and ensuite bathroom. Both the office and the 1st floor are separately heated by a gas boiler fitted approx 3 years ago supplying central heating and hot water.
Gardens: Rear garden is approximately 38 metres long by 11 meters at its widest, to include the detached office/rental accommodation. There is a large stone paved sun terrace/summer dining area. Secure spacious gardens with high board fencing enjoying lots of privacy, well maintained lawns, shrubbery and herbaceous borders to both front and rear. Secure parking for 2 cars within the rear garden, large garden store to side of the detached annexe.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows, a children`s play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing and climbing instruction. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland. Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will have Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas.
Excellent schools: Easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School is close by and offers foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left and at the mini roundabout turn left again. Through the heart of the village, straight over the mini roundabout, looking for the second road named Horseshoe Road on your right (opposite the police station), turn right into Horseshoe Road and the property is on the right hand corner.
Services: Mains water, electricity, drainage and gas.
Post Code: RG8 7JF
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Victorian semi-detached
- Original period features
- 4 bedrooms to the main house
- South westerly gardens
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
- Village centre location
- Large fully fitted kitchen/breakfast room
- Detached office building with first floor bedroom
- Off road parking
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.