Guide Price £849,500 - New Instruction
Pangbourne village centre ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive
(all distances/times are approximate)
House/garaging/office: 1,973 sq ft / 183 m²
Gardens: 0.17 acres / 0.07 hectares (all measurements are approximate)
A delightful 4 bedroom cottage, only a couple of minutes` walk to the village shops, station, River Thames, restaurants, etc, and just across the road from the beautiful and ancient St James the Less Church, within a conclave of other period properties.
It is hard to find a property within the heart of this vibrant village with such private, peaceful and sunny gardens. The cottage is entered from a gravel drive through secure electric gates, with an intercom to the interior.
The property, which dates to circa 1600, has been maintained to a very high standard throughout and has been the subject of considerable improvements of recent years. Pangbourne Cottage enjoys unusually spacious and flexible accommodation.
● Pangbourne Cottage is a delightful Grade II listed property enjoying an unusually high degree of privacy
● Fully fitted and comfortable office to the rear with a window overlooking the gardens
● The ceiling heights are generally good for a property of this period with lots of exposed beams
● Pretty open fireplaces to the sitting room and bedroom 3
● The sitting room has French doors leading directly to the walled, courtyard garden with a terrace and vegetable garden area gardens, with a large window also overlooking the gardens
● The kitchen/breakfast room has been completely refitted by the present owners to a very high standard with long breakfast bar, fitted appliances include microwave oven, wine cooler, Stoves range with 7 hob unit and 3 stainless steel ovens/warming drawer, fridge and deep freeze. Large larder unit, pot drawers, dishwasher, polished oak work surfaces
● The kitchen has flagstone slate flooring which continues into the utility room
● The utility has plumbing for washing machine and dryer and a door to the shower room
● Centrally positioned dining room with natural golden oak flooring which continues into the sitting room and bedroom 3, with an oak staircase rising to the first floor
● There is a pretty terrace within the secret garden for evening barbecues
● Bathroom to first floor and ground floor shower room/cloakroom have been totally refitted to a very high standard
● The play room/family room has been entirely tanked and has a 15 year guarantee with 14 years to run
Summary of accommodation: Entrance lobby, utility room, cloakroom/shower room, kitchen/ breakfast room, sitting room, dining room, playroom/family room, 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, double garage with electrically operated door, study/office, boarded storage area above garaging.
Gardens & grounds: The rear garden (100` in depth) is secluded by tall hedges on one side and a fine period brick wall the length of the right hand boundary. The main gardens are unusually spacious and well planted and enjoy the southerly sun. The gardens are beautifully planted and cared for over many years. There is also a very pretty walled garden with lawned area and raised vegetable beds which is accessed directly from the sitting room. The cottage is attached to an outbuilding to one side.
Garaging & parking: The driveway is entered through impressive electric gates and there is plenty of private car parking for visitors alongside the side of the house with the driveway leading to the splendid double garage block with office behind. The garage has electrically operated remote controlled up and over door and within the garage there is a hatchway allowing access to a boarded storage area. The door at the rear gives access to the office which also has a door from the exterior.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Basildon Park is a National Trust property featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will soon offer fast links to the City via Crossrail, as well as buses to all local areas. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only five minutes driving distance.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership. The large supermarkets of Waitrose and Sainsburys and Fielders Farm Shop on the Englefield Road, the other side of Tidmarsh, are all within easy driving distance. There are also plenty of facilities for the golfing enthusiast in the area – Streatley Hills, Mapledurham and Calcot to name but a few.
Excellent schools: Pangbourne Cottage is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools. Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School is in the village and within walking distance, which has foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left, pass over the mini roundabout and turn immediately right up Pangbourne Hill. Pangbourne Cottage electric gates will be found after a short distance on the left hand side, opposite Riverview Road.
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage
Post Code: RG8 7AS
Local authority: West Berkshire
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Superb order throughout
- Four bedrooms
- Refitted kitchen
- Ample parking
- High degree of privacy
- Central village location
- Open fireplaces
- Good sized South facing gardens
- Double garage