Guide Price £1,275,000 - Available
Pangbourne centre & railway station 10 minutes` walk (fast trains to London Paddington 47 minutes) ● Easy access Reading (6 miles) & Oxford by rail & road ● M4 (junc 12) 6 miles ● Heathrow 45 minutes by car (all distances approximate)
2,019 sq ft / 188 m² (all measurements are approximate)
An individually designed 4 bedroom detached character modern country house enjoying an exclusive peaceful and private location within the heart of this charming period Thameside village. Situated at the far end of a tree-lined private access lane, adjacent to a small conclave of mixed modern and period properties.
The property has undergone a tasteful and luxurious modernisation programme of recent times and was constructed to a high standard of brick under a tiled roof some 30 years ago.
Whitchurch-on-Thames has long been noted as one of the most exclusive and sought after Thames villages and Ebony is within easy walking distance of the River Thames and the vibrant period village of Pangbourne with its specialist shops, station, pubs and restaurants. The property is also within easy walking distance of the highly regarded Whitchurch Primary School.
● Very secure, pretty and private position of the property at the end of a private lane
● South-westerly aspect to the rear
● Recently refitted luxury kitchen/breakfast room with electric double oven, 5 ring gas hob, stainless steel cooker hood over, fitted microwave, 1.5 under mounted sink with mixer taps, fitted dishwasher, central island/breakfast bar with hardwood top, cupboards under
● Pretty views over the rear gardens
● Golden oak flooring to the reception hall, sitting room, dining room
● Traditional solid oak entrance door, oak staircase to the first floor and landing
● Very attractive large split level sitting room with double aspect windows and a Jetmaster wood burning stove, presently converted to gas with coal effect and wide double glazed sliding doors to the rear gardens
● Heated swimming pool
● Detached office overlooking the rear garden
● Exterior sun blinds to the ground floor windows overlooking the rear gardens
● Double French doors give access to the rear gardens from the dining room
● Golden oak planked flooring to the master bedroom suite with windows overlooking the rear garden with a door to a recently refitted shower room
● Double garage with access to the utility room
Summary of accommodation: Large reception hall, sitting room, dining room, cloakroom, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite shower room to bedroom 1, detached office, full gas fired central heating, double attached garage with access to utility room, heated swimming pool (30` x 15` graduating from 3` to 7` in depth) with a gas fired boiler.
Gardens and grounds: Front garden is entered by a wide gravelled drive secured by high painted timber gates with a large gravelled car parking area, high hedges giving seclusion, side access to the rear garden. Rear gardens; mainly laid to lawn with herbaceous borders a wide large stone laid sun terrace running the width of the property with plenty of room for summer dining/BBQ area.
Local facilities: Ebony is within easy walking distance of Pangbourne village centre with its fine selection of award winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs between the villages and has riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children`s play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering canoeing and climbing instruction. Whitchurch-on-Thames also has two fine character pubs in The Greyhound and Ferryboat.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City, as well as buses to all local areas. Waitrose can be found at both Tilehurst (approx. 4 miles) and Wallingford.
Schools: Whitchurch-on-Thames is located within easy reach of a number of independent schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. The property is in the catchment area of Langtree Secondary School at Woodcote, and Whitchurch Primary School itself has an outstanding record.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. At the next mini roundabout turn left at The George Hotel, cross over the River Thames toll bridge and enter the village of Whitchurch. Continue along the High Street, passing The Greyhound pub on your right, turn left into Manor Road and a short distance down on the left hand side turn into Old Gardens. Ebony will be found at the end of this private road.
Post Code: RG8 7EH
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Individual character modern country house.
- Private location in the heart of the village
- Luxury kitchen/ breakfast room
- Detached office
- Double garage
- Tastefully modernised
- Four bedrooms
- Split level sitting room
- South Westerly gardens
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.