Guide Price £1,325,000 - Available
Pangbourne shops & train station 3 miles ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (Junc 12) 6 miles
(all distances approximate)
4,521sq ft / 420 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A handsome, unusually spacious and light 6 bedroom modern detached country house. Set within an exclusive close of properties constructed by the well-known and respected local builder John Wakefield. Situated adjacent to open countryside overlooking fields to the rear.
Trelleck House was constructed in 2008, built and fitted to exacting high standards, with an attention to detail and quality which is the hallmark of a Wakefield built and designed house.
Upper Basildon is set amongst countryside of outstanding natural beauty, with many footpaths and bridle paths. Within the heart of the village is a village pub, a church and an excellent village hall which stages all sorts of events during the course of the year. There are also large playing fields to the side of the village hall for villagers to use.
● Top of the range and beautifully fitted kitchen/living room, with kitchen units designed by Mark Wilkinson, with attractive figured granite work surfaces, oak dresser unit, space for television, Falcon induction 5 ring cooker range, under-mounted double bowl sink unit with mixer taps, granite drainer to one side, fitted dishwasher, Miele fitted fridge freezer and wine cooler unit, china display cupboards and an oak fitted larder with sliding herb unit, a range of interior drawers, further oak fronted drawers, with carved headings; bread, cakes, vegetables and fruits
● The large kitchen opens into an attractive dining area with further oak cupboards, wine racks, and golden oak flooring which continues into the large reception hall
● There is walk-though access from the kitchen area into a conservatory/family room with a vaulted ceiling and bi-fold doors which open onto a large terrace for summer entertaining. This room has fitted cupboards with plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, as an overflow to the utility room
● Golden oak flooring continues into the large study which has extensive fitted bookcases with cupboards under, a fitted hardwood desk unit into the bay window and a further glass desk unit
● Throughout the property the oak joinery is a very special feature and there are double oak multi-pane and glazed panel doors opening into the drawing room
● The drawing room has golden oak flooring and an attractive open fire place
● On the second floor there is a fabulous, very large bedroom with extensive oak flooring, large windows which open onto and give access to a balcony overlooking the fields and woodland to the rear. This is a very versatile room, just as useful as a large office, a games room, or au-pair`s/live-in nanny` accommodation
● A large first floor landing enables views to the front over adjacent farmland and a further staircase rises gracefully to the 2nd floor
● All the bedrooms are double in size with plenty of built in wardrobe space and there are 4 ensuites bathrooms, 1 of which also functions as the family bathroom
● All bathrooms are very high quality
● The cloakroom, accessed from the hall, has a carved travertine sink unit
● There is a very high level of insulation throughout the property
● Electrically operated security gate to the front with intercom
Summary of accommodation: large reception hall, study, drawing room, kitchen/living room with dining area to one end, walk through access to the conservatory/family room, cloakroom, utility room, 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms.
Gardens and Grounds: Double garage with twin electric up and over doors with fully tiled floor, landscaped gardens to front and rear, side access to rear garden, bi-fold doors open from both the drawing room and conservatory onto the rear garden, very large decked terrace, garden store, lawned area directly overlooking open fields. Full oil fired central heating.
Note. NHBC to September 2018
Local facilities: Upper Basildon is a much sought after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has a football club and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the church centre and or the main church.
For the equestrian enthusiast there is a large livery yard with many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes` drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. Pangbourne station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City). Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 6 miles drive giving easy access to airports.
Schools: There are plenty of schools in the area; Upper Basildon Primary School is within walking distance, St Andrew`s Preparatory School is only a few minutes` drive, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout, pass The Elephant Hotel, turning first right at St James the Less Church. Proceed up Pangbourne Hill until you see a sign just after the entrance to Pangbourne College to Upper Basildon. Turn right. Proceed along the Pangbourne Road past Morrisson Close and Knappswood Close will appear on the left hand side, turn left and Trelleck is a short distance along the close.
Post Code: RG8 8LQ
Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage, oil fired central heating
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band H
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Detached country house
- Four bathrooms
- Large decked area
- Ample parking
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
- Six double bedrooms
- Beautifully fitted (Mark Wilkinson) kitchen/living room
- Overlooking open countryside
- Double garage
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.