Guide Price £889,000 - Under Offer
Within the heart of the village, walking distance to schools, shops, amenities and train station ● Train journey to London Paddington just 47 minutes ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 10 minute drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
2,800 sq ft / 260 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid detached and spacious 4/5 bedroom house of character fitted to exacting standards throughout.
Originally constructed in the 1930s with later additions, Clearwater has undergone a complete redesign and major extension of recent years, creating an unusually spacious residence which could equally suit a young family, as much as a couple in their retirement.
Set in a peaceful, secluded and important corner position in one of the most sought after roads within the heart of this pretty period village; Horseshoe Road has long been noted for its very attractive mix of modern and period residential properties. The property is only a few minutes level walking distance to the village`s fine shopping, amenities, cafes, train station and Pangbourne Primary School and is in close proximity to the beautiful pastureland and footpaths to the rear of Meadowside Road.
High hedges give seclusion to all boundaries and the gardens have been attractively landscaped with the sitting room and the ground floor bedroom having French doors accessing the garden and the stone laid patio, perfect for summer dining.
● The hub of this stunning house is the open plan kitchen/ dining / sitting room with French doors onto the patio and gardens to the rear
● The beautifully fitted, luxury kitchen with granite working surfaces, lots of cupboards and drawers, 1½ bowl under mounted ceramic sink unit with mixer tap and waste disposal unit, fitted dishwasher, ceramic flooring, underfloor heating throughout this area including the utility/boot room, ancient exposed oak beam to ceiling of the dining area, pantry unit, stainless steel Stoves cooking range with 7 gas rings, 2 electric ovens and warming drawers, stainless steel splashback and stainless steel Stoves cooker hood over
● The left hand wing of the property could become a full self-contained annexe, it already has a bathroom and separate entrance from the exterior
● Within the open plan sitting room/kitchen/dining area there is a home entertainment system with ceiling mounted speakers and sub-woofer connected to the television, giving surround sound and music when entertaining
● Open fires to both sitting room and snug
● Primary double glazed replacement windows throughout
● The spacious entrance hall with original oak framed entrance door and windows to side,
● Polished oak flooring to reception hall, sitting room and dining area
● Bedroom 1 has a concealed door to a spacious dressing room overlooking the gardens which has plumbing for use as an ensuite shower if required
● Gymnasium has underfloor heating and access to the exterior if a garage is required
● Bathroom and shower rooms have been refitted to a high standard of recent years
● Many of the doors throughout the property are of good quality oak
● Study has windows overlooking the rear gardens
● The large forecourt enables the parking of a number of cars
● The integral garage is presently used as a gymnasium
Summary of accommodation: Enclosed entrance porch, reception hall, cloakroom, snug, open plan area comprising of sitting room, dining area and kitchen with walk through access to utility room/boot room with separate door to the exterior, study, gymnasium/integral garage, ground floor bedroom with large ensuite, 4 bedrooms, bathroom and ensuite wet room to the first floor, gas fired central heating and water softener.
Gardens: Pretty landscaped gardens with high hedges giving seclusion to most boundaries, summer dining stone terrace, well maintained lawns, raised flower beds, secure bike store to one side and side access to the garden to the other. 5 bar gate gives access from the road to a large gravel car parking area.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, Costa Coffee, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows, children`s play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing and climbing instruction. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland. Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas.
Excellent schools: Walking distance to Pangbourne Primary School which offers Foundation Stage 1. Catchment for Langtree School with a bus from the village. Easy reach of a number of fine independent schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton and Daughter turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. Proceed over the next mini roundabout at The George Hotel and at the Londis convenience store, turn right into Horseshoe Road, number 24 will be found a little way along on the right hand side.
Post Code: RG8 7JQ
Services: All mains; electricity, gas, water/drainage. Water softener.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Detached 4/5 bedroom character house
- Open plan kitchen/dining/living room
- Two bedroom suites with refitted bathrooms
- Pretty secluded gardens
- High energy efficiency rating of 72
- Completely redesigned and extended
- Open fires to living and sitting rooms
- Two further bedrooms and refitted family bathroom
- Ample off road parking
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.